Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7330107 times)

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #2740 on: July 03, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
UPDATE
 we are 1 signature away again.

And now I'm worried again ; _ ;
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

AustinLSE

• Underling
« Reply #2741 on: July 03, 2014, 05:43:58 PM »
YAY!! :)

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #2742 on: July 03, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »
UPDATE

The group is working on possibly signing a deal in the next few days. All of the good Karma you can muster point towards South Korea and let NCSoft be persuaded!

I don't know the exact details of what is in this deal but it is VERY close. It appears at this stage User Data may not be available - at least not at this time. More details as things unfold. It seems their data storage retrieval system is to equal that of the IRS. If this goes well the new Overlords will be up and running with further details.

WHAT?!?!??!?!

HOLY...........AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! POSITIVE VIBES!!!!!!

I go to lunch for ONE hour, and suddenly all hell breaks loose! My heart skipped a beat when I read that!!!

Thanks for the update, Ironwolf! woooohoooooooo!!!!

EDIT:
STILL positive vibes! ALL positive vibes towards the one guy left to sign... Please let him understand just how important it is for so many people out there to keep this game running...
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Greyfairer

• Underling
« Reply #2743 on: July 03, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »
Well, I don't plan on ever playing seriously again, but if the game comes back I'll buy a subscription and log on to say hi to everyone, and at least inject some money into the effort. The least I can do.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #2744 on: July 03, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »
Well, I don't plan on ever playing seriously again

Why not? And if not, why are you even here? :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2745 on: July 03, 2014, 05:49:20 PM »
Well, at the very least, they need to make existing costume packs and parts free.   I had already purchased the original game, the expansions, and several costume packs.

Requiring existing customers to repurchase what they already had is just not a good way to restart the franchise, especially not if you want a sizeable
percentage of the player-base to return.

The argument that we need to repurchase those items to "fund" the restart doesn't fly with me.  I will fund the game thru subscription, as I always have.

While I would want everything I purchased before back as well I / We are not a "existing customer" we are a potential customer to the new buyers. It would behoove all of us to try to understand the difference between them and NCSoft as much as it may pain us regarding the money and time we had previously invested in CoH.

Beyorn

• Underling
« Reply #2746 on: July 03, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »
The new overlords will they post here you think?

Oh and....Hurry up and TAKE MY MONEY!!!1!!!!!

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #2747 on: July 03, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
I need tech support already. My computer doesn't have anywhere to feed in my money....
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2748 on: July 03, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »
And now I'm worried again ; _ ;
Let's hope it's not the same signature.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2749 on: July 03, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
Let's hope it's not the same signature.

I so so do. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. *sighs* I'm still gonna tell my SG right away.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2750 on: July 03, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »
I can definitely see why it would feel unfair to be asked to pay for the same things twice. On the other hand, after over a year and a half of not being able to play *at all*, I'm quite alright paying a little bit extra beyond a basic subscription. If that even turns out to be the case, in the end. First things first though, let's get TO that point.

Speaking of which... *holds torch extra high:D

Deadflame2

• Not quite as dead as Deadflame1
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2751 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »
I signed up on these forums in 2011.  I've lurked and lurked over the years but today.....my silence has been broken!

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I don't post how insanely excited I am and to openly offer up any good vibes I can possibly spare towards the closing of this deal!
Reminder: No game = No data, no characters...nothing.  However, no data/characters != No game.

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #2752 on: July 03, 2014, 06:10:26 PM »
E-mail conversation between Blissfully Wed and Happily Married:

Bliss:  [insert Ironwolf's first update today]
Happ: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?!?
Bliss:  That's a silly question!  It means that all of your OT will now go towards a new rig and the house and the vacation and the bills can all go hang!
Happ: OMG LMFAO!!!! MY COMPUTER AT WORK IS NOW GOING TO SMELL LIKE DR. PEPPER
Happ: DON'T YOU MEAN 2 NEW RIGS?  I JUST NEED THE TOWER!
Bliss:  [insert Ironwolf's updated update]
Happ: Divorce time. You got my hopes up.

Edit:  I wonder if this means we'll have to change our globals...

MaxEternal

• Minion
« Reply #2753 on: July 03, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
UPDATE

The group is working on possibly signing a deal in the next few days. All of the good Karma you can muster point towards South Korea and let NCSoft be persuaded!

I don't know the exact details of what is in this deal but it is VERY close. It appears at this stage User Data may not be available - at least not at this time. More details as things unfold. It seems their data storage retrieval system is to equal that of the IRS. If this goes well the new Overlords will be up and running with further details.

Is it time to order the new gaming rig???

bad news is that I start a new job in two weeks and it may be frowned upon to call in sick or schedule a CoH Vacation this soon... :)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #2754 on: July 03, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
Is it time to order the new gaming rig???

bad news is that I start a new job in two weeks and it may be frowned upon to call in sick or schedule a CoH Vacation this soon... :)

Don't worry. Even if they signed today, the game would absolutely not be back in 2 weeks. Christmas, possibly...

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2755 on: July 03, 2014, 06:14:21 PM »
Fingers crossed!

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2756 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:02 PM »
I can definitely see why it would feel unfair to be asked to pay for the same things twice. On the other hand, after over a year and a half of not being able to play *at all*, I'm quite alright paying a little bit extra beyond a basic subscription. If that even turns out to be the case, in the end. First things first though, let's get TO that point.

Speaking of which... *holds torch extra high:D

I wouldn't wanna pay for the game twice, let alone powersets, costumes, packs, and powers I already bought....but if that's what it takes to get back then I guess I'll have to find a way to pay for them eventually. I'd hate to fight over names though, I wonder if it would be too hard to impliment what others like Cryptic currently uses, "hiding" your global name behind your character name so names aren't such a big issue, especially if we reduce the number of servers. However with all that said I'm more worried about edition items and perks. I owned both DVD sets, HvV, Arc, Mac (even though I'm PC), and two copies of Rouge after preorder. I would beg they just throw that stuff either into a Vet perk or let everyone have it. PSI-on won't be the same without the cape of the four winds.

BTW guys I'm very glad we stuck together through all this stuff, especially after listening to the Good Gamer Guys and being reminded about how bad other communities are to each other.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2757 on: July 03, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »
Well, I don't plan on ever playing seriously again, but if the game comes back I'll buy a subscription and log on to say hi to everyone, and at least inject some money into the effort. The least I can do.

Well you can play casually - I mean its not like it is addictive or anything, the first TF is free...............

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #2758 on: July 03, 2014, 06:21:48 PM »
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

alphajaybo

• Lieutenant
  • The one The only Alpha Protocol V2.9
« Reply #2759 on: July 03, 2014, 06:24:52 PM »
Question, will there be  time cards available , So I dont have to pay for a sub with recurring/ direct debit  ect? Thats if the deal goes ahead Which im sure it will!

Hahahah hopefully my chi is being channeled in the right direction!
Daoc CoH and WoW