Author Topic: Download bar is not accepting download after I click on a mids build link.  (Read 2787 times)

Echo Night

• Underling
Not sure if I stated that correctly but here's the issue. Whenever I click on a link to view a build it usually goes into the download bar at the top of my toolbar and I can click on it and it opens from there. But ever since I moved my Titan file to my desktop (thread is a few down from this one on page one), the download never stays. I see that the download goes to the bar, but it disappears and never lets me open it or opens itself. I can go to the download folder and open it from there so it's not really a big deal (just a tad annoying), but I was wondering what I can do to get the bar back to accepting the downloads?

Sorry if this is confusing and thanks for any and all help with this issue.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
It sounds like your Windows no longer has the save files (mxd) properly associated with the Mids' exe. Try right clicking on a save file and doing "Open With" and manually navigating to the exe file on your desktop (or wherever).

Echo Night

• Underling
The"open with" option automatically opens the file. No option came up to manually look for the exe file.

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Right-click file, Properties, find the Open With part and go to "Change" and manually look for the exe file?

Echo Night

• Underling
I did what you suggested but still no exe. file came up. However. Things seem to be working "normally" now. Instead of having to manually open the build from the down load bar after clicking on a build link, it just opens automatically. I made a copy of the Titan folder and moved it back to the program folder (I can't for some reason move the real file, not enough permission) and seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help!

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
When you moved it to the desktop, did you do it by hand, or uninstall reinstall? I think that's the problem.

Echo Night

• Underling
Just moved it by hand. If I uninstall it then re-install then I'll have admin rights?

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Just moved it by hand. If I uninstall it then re-install then I'll have admin rights?

You will, but you need to be careful where you install it to. Don't install it to a Windows protected folder, like Program Files. Install it to, for example, C:\Titan Network, or D:\Titan Network, or something.