Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7306719 times)

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #12900 on: October 28, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
My Ill/Rad would have been an Ill/Time or Ill/Dark.  My Dark/Elec defender would have been a Dark/Ice.

And soon-ish, they will be :)
Dude, you will LOVE the dark/ice combo for defender. It felt more troller than anything for me but the damage when you slapped down the tar patch+Ice Storm+NUKE after hitting Aim was sooooo sweet. They melted really fast in that mess and unless they were protected from slows (lookin at you wolves) then they crawled until they died. Gave you time to run away and get your togs back up after the nuke crash.

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12901 on: October 28, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »
Just a note: The end of next month will be TWO years that CoH has been shut down.. not 3.

I'd say our chances to get our game back for birthday 4 are pretty good...  ;D
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

SammiK31

• Minion
« Reply #12902 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »
I remember my first character, my dad created her because he was scared I would create a slutty character, I was only like 14, but we called her Stonehands and her powers were claws, can't remember her secondary power. She had nothing to do with stones. Ah daddies being protective of their girls first time on an online game. Adorable. I'm 21 now, and my dad has not changed one bit. Lol  8)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #12903 on: October 28, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »
I remember my first character, my dad created her because he was scared I would create a slutty character, I was only like 14, but we called her Stonehands and her powers were claws, can't remember her secondary power. She had nothing to do with stones. Ah daddies being protective of their girls first time on an online game. Adorable. I'm 21 now, and my dad has not changed one bit. Lol  8)

Having a caring father is something really special.  ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Rigo42

• Minion
« Reply #12904 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »
I remember creating my first hero back when I was around 12-13. He was hideous, really green skin, none of his colors matched, his face was scrambled. You could hit randomize and get a better looking hero then I made

I called my dad over and he was like "wow! nice work! he looks great.!"

Awaiting the day I can return to my childhood-created hero :)

SammiK31

• Minion
« Reply #12905 on: October 28, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »
I remember creating my first hero back when I was around 12-13. He was hideous, really green skin, none of his colors matched, his face was scrambled. You could hit randomize and get a better looking hero then I made

Dads are quite awesome when it comes to really bad advice sometimes. lol like, mine always used to say my heroes looked like hookers, they were always fully clothed! Lol the younger you are, playing the game, the worse they want your character to look lol

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12906 on: October 28, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »
That's kinda cute.   Gotta love dads.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12907 on: October 28, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
Well in the mean time while we are waiting,  Valiance online will be starting their kickstarter tommorow.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12908 on: October 28, 2014, 08:11:11 PM »
Dude, you will LOVE the dark/ice combo for defender. It felt more troller than anything for me but the damage when you slapped down the tar patch+Ice Storm+NUKE after hitting Aim was sooooo sweet. They melted really fast in that mess and unless they were protected from slows (lookin at you wolves) then they crawled until they died. Gave you time to run away and get your togs back up after the nuke crash.

Oh yes I'm aware.   I made a dark/ice after proliferation, but it was a secondary alt.  This way I will be able to recreate one of my mains.  As an added bonus he'll be teamed up with my wife's storm/sonic for extra meltinacious fun.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12909 on: October 28, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
I have about 30 or so planned for the reopening.

30-40 here, but probably only about 12-15 immediately, and the rest camping names for later.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12910 on: October 28, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »

Heh. I'll be creating all of my daughter's characters, but she is a bit younger than 14.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12911 on: October 29, 2014, 12:38:34 AM »

I remember letting my then 7 year old grandson make a hero......Mostly in nightmares.

Kemphler

• Minion
« Reply #12912 on: October 29, 2014, 04:20:59 AM »
Ah...my first character was back in 2004, I had just turned 12 and got CoH for my birthday (My dad and I both saw it on X-Play on G4 and were like "YES PLEASE!"). I made a fire/fire blaster named Photonic Man, who I deleted maybe a day later to remake as a fire/energy blaster of the same name, but vastly different appearance.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #12913 on: October 29, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
Before page 1000 we have a major update on the status of this buyout.

Make it so!

Thezanman

• Underling
« Reply #12914 on: October 29, 2014, 02:30:39 PM »
I just had the strangest dream. I was playing city of heroes and it was the character creation screen, but the HUD was all rearranged for some reason.

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12915 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
I just had the strangest dream. I was playing city of heroes and it was the character creation screen, but the HUD was all rearranged for some reason.

City of Heroes Revival ...maybe you had a vision? ;D
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #12916 on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
Before page 1000 we have a major update on the status of this buyout.

Make it so!
We're on page 259 according to my browser, so maybe a bit before that?
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #12917 on: October 29, 2014, 10:04:34 PM »
page 646 here and I think I'm using the default forum settings.

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12918 on: October 29, 2014, 11:29:51 PM »
Same

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12919 on: October 30, 2014, 10:49:24 AM »
page 646 here and I think I'm using the default forum settings.
Same here.