Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 68414 times)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2012, 04:08:23 AM »
Lemme know who you are when you are signed up... DrakeGrimm and I will donate to you .. ok well maybe Drake won't :P

...I sorta can't, I'm broke. That's why I'm running the game marathon this year. XD
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2012, 04:38:54 AM »
10/20 will be the last time I PLAY CoH. I will still log in and chat with friends etc, but I think a 24 hour gaming marathon is how I want to remember my last official days of CoH :)

I was just debating on whether to become a platinum member at Extra Life (It's a $15 fee to be Platinum but you get a t-shirt if ya raise $200 and are eligible for drawings of freebies).  I decided instead of spending that $15 for a tshirt and the chance to win a prize...it would be better spent on actually donating to someone.

Once Friday is here I am going to sit down and figure out how much I can donate then split it up between people :)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »
I just wanted to give a bit of an update. I seem to be slowly coming out of the haze that was the first cold of the season. I logged into Extra Life to find that we are 30th! We've raised $2,437.98 (someone donate 2 cents so we have a round number! :P) and that is 1% of the total that has been raised by the entire event! 1% doesn't sound like much but that is huge! Most teams will never even make it to a full percent of what is raised. There are 32 people taking part so far and we hope that more of you will join us. I know the prospect of playing any game for 24 hours straight can be a bit intimidating but it is so much fun. Please come check out our team.

We are Heroes...

http://www.extra-life.org/team/CoH

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
Ok, I'm in on this too for the City of Heroes team!

I'll have to use a couple Vacation Days from work to participate on the contest days, but I should use some of them up anyway.

This is what we do!

Robert McNamee

note: my ExtraLife photo is a bit more normal than my forum ones :)
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
I logged into Extra Life to find that we are 30th! We've raised $2,437.98 (someone donate 2 cents so we have a round number! :P) and that is 1% of the total that has been raised by the entire event! 1% doesn't sound like much but that is huge! Most teams will never even make it to a full percent of what is raised.

Out of curiosity, how many teams have entered? Can we check that somewhere too? XD

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
Out of curiosity, how many teams have entered? Can we check that somewhere too? XD

There are 1,750 teams right now. But teams can be as small as one person. I can see it as part of the Team Stats.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
I can't seem to send out thank you e-mails to my anonymous donors (which kinda makes sense) so I've been posting general thank yous were I've been posting my link.  So a BIG thank you to my two mystery donors!!!!  It's a nice feeling to know someone's got your back and I genuinely appreciate that feeling right now.  You're also helping me set a good example for my kids as well as helping out an awesome cause so I hope you feel as good as I do about this event!   :)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
I can't seem to send out thank you e-mails to my anonymous donors (which kinda makes sense) so I've been posting general thank yous were I've been posting my link.  So a BIG thank you to my two mystery donors!!!!  It's a nice feeling to know someone's got your back and I genuinely appreciate that feeling right now.  You're also helping me set a good example for my kids as well as helping out an awesome cause so I hope you feel as good as I do about this event!   :)

I think, though I'm not 100% sure, but I think Thank Yous are sent out to anonymous donors automatically. I know I got one nearly right away when I made my anonymous donation.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »
Oh that is great to hear Maressa!  They deserve a big thank you and I'm happy they're getting the e-mail one too then.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
I must be missing something here... is there a way to register on the site just to make donations without flagging myself as a participant?  I'd like to make a series of donations and spread my contribution around, but it seem like the only way I can find to set up a login so that I don't have to keep typing my info in is to register as a participant and set a fundraising goal.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
I'm trying the kijiji route for my link. >.>

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »
I must be missing something here... is there a way to register on the site just to make donations without flagging myself as a participant?  I'd like to make a series of donations and spread my contribution around, but it seem like the only way I can find to set up a login so that I don't have to keep typing my info in is to register as a participant and set a fundraising goal.

As far as I know the website only makes registration for participants. Most people who donate tend to only do so to one person so I imagine that sort of thing has never come up before.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2012, 05:33:07 PM »
There are 1,750 teams right now. But teams can be as small as one person. I can see it as part of the Team Stats.
Wow, then that 1% is pretty damn amazing indeed!

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2012, 05:49:02 PM »

'Cause our community rocks! :D

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »
I'm just blown away by how fast my pledge bar has filled. I'm still about two bucks shy of my (admittedly, rather small) goal, but props to everyone here who has contributed. Thank you. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »
I'm just blown away by how fast my pledge bar has filled. I'm still about two bucks shy of my (admittedly, rather small) goal, but props to everyone here who has contributed. Thank you. :)
Not anymore.  8)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »
There's something slightly off about us being able to legitimately say, "We are the 1%."

>_> <_<

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
<snip>

Edit2: Because my question is answered three posts above me, and I am apparently blind today!   Apologies to the thread!

EDIT: For spelling fail, likely additional spelling fail has gone unnoticed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:08:16 PM by Nafaustu »

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
Yep, Naf.
Click on the link and then hit the "Support Me" button on their page, it'll take you to the payment options.
Also, clicking the "City of Heroes Team" link under their name at the top of the page will take you to an overview of all the team members.

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2012, 06:59:32 PM »
Hm. Somebody mentioned that this might conflict with a "media day" event if they ran on the same day, but I actually think this might work in coordination with such a thing, if we could work it out. I'll re-read the OP in this thread and see if anything in it would conflict with trying to invite media people to come see the game first-hand. Showing them an active charity event going on at the same time and even offering them a chance to interview participants (or to participate themselves) might be very powerful.

I hope it does, I am hoping we can coordinate the media day event with Extra Life... I'm the idiot with the media day event...

I want all the events to achieve their goals and more....