Author Topic: maybe we should try this  (Read 4204 times)

moshdawg

• Underling
maybe we should try this
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:39:31 AM »
first let me start off  saying  ti am new to this website and this is my first post 
i was thinking maybe  we should go for the  the mother of all attacks  meaning asking
the community  of wow to help us  i know  many of the people in  the titan net work
meaning the community  don't really like blizzard  or how they do things  i think if we get
9 million subcribers   to help our cause  would be woth while  i hope i did not offend anybody buy my post
if i did i am sorry  i think every mmo community  is a big family  that its members play a differnt game  the mmo
community  is one big family  and familys help each other and my other idea  is to take out plea  for help  to
none other then STAN LEE   i think if was not for stan lee and jack kirby  there would not be a city of heros   
now stan lee has a company called pow entertainment   maybe coh might interests him  coh has a very strong
community   and paranon studios  has mastered the surper heros type mmo  well thats all i have to say  i am sorry
if i offend any body  with my post  ohh has anybody posted anything on mmo champion  about  our fight to save city
of heros

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: maybe we should try this
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 03:50:10 AM »
Well.... you may have offended a lot of English teachers...but, hey, if you can get Stan the Man to help, that'd be great.

As for WoW - my understanding was that they weren't interested.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 03:53:59 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

While I think your idea is a good one...I am pretty sure they (Wow community) have been approached and basically said "Meh..it's your fight."

We continue to do many things to increase the awareness of #SaveCoH through online articles, blogs, twitter, videos, and in game events. What we are doing is working as negotiations are still ongoing. Do not give up hope.. we will #SaveCoH!

moshdawg

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 04:32:17 AM »
yah my typin skills are really bad  i know there is a english teacher washing her eyes
with bleach  :gonk: well  like i was saying in my first post stan lee's company  is called
 pow entertainment   there is a link on the websit  that you can contact them  and my typing skills
are not to good maybe miss mercedes lackey   could reach out to stan and ask for his help  in tying
to save our home  and i am sorry for my bad grammer and typing

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 05:05:22 AM »
The problem with getting comic book professionals to help us is that every one that I have talked to has said "I want to, but I can't because of my contracts with the company." 

Basically, since both DC and Marvel have their own MMORPGs, they are not allowed to help out "the competition."  They would LIKE to...a lot of them have played CoH and loved it...but they can't.

:'(
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 05:06:54 AM »
I posted something on Stan Lee's facebook page a couple of weeks ago.  I don't think there was ever a response.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 05:07:16 AM »
I tweeted Stan Lee (he's pretty prolific) even just seeking a retweet, but with a Marvel MMO due out, iirc, it's unlikely he'll respond.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »
The better idea then would be to interest DC and Marvel themselves. DC's own superhero game is so different that it really should be considered a different genre entirely. Marvel, who knows? But the two lines have cooperated in the past on writing projects, how is this different? Yes, they are businesses first and foremost, but they've also shown some awareness of their own community on numerous occasions in the past.

Merana

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »
How about Joss Whedon?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 08:08:37 AM »
The better idea then would be to interest DC and Marvel themselves. DC's own superhero game is so different that it really should be considered a different genre entirely. Marvel, who knows? But the two lines have cooperated in the past on writing projects, how is this different? Yes, they are businesses first and foremost, but they've also shown some awareness of their own community on numerous occasions in the past.

This is interesting. DCUO is most definitely NOT City.  They are night and day. 

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
The new Marvel game looks way different than this too, just from what I've seen on youtube.  Diablo with Marvel characters.

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »
Remember: Marvel previously threw Cryptic under the bus regarding city of heroes. First they sued Cryptic because the character creator basically let you make wolverine, and part of the settlement for that suit they forced cryptic to make Champions, which was originally going to have marvel support...

And then pulled out.

I don't think Marvel will help us.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »
Will never understand how the heck any judge didn't throw that case out immediately. Frigging suing Crayola for making markers that allowing kids to draw copyrighted characters is pretty much what it amounted to.

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Hello moshdawg
Welcome to the forum I too was new till some days ago. I came here on a idea simular to yours I was after Aion though not Wow. As you can see in the link below the other game community showed next to no intrest. And surfing in game channles I got just a small handful of players that really did understand and offer support.

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=94606

If you can have greater success sweeet I wish you the best. :)

Ha all one other thing have you seen this. Aion charges $40+ dollars for a set of anniversary wing 
http://store.aiononline.com/store/detail?goodsNo=6209075&categoryPath=1_46&currentPage=1

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »
The problem with getting comic book professionals to help us is that every one that I have talked to has said "I want to, but I can't because of my contracts with the company." 

Basically, since both DC and Marvel have their own MMORPGs, they are not allowed to help out "the competition."  They would LIKE to...a lot of them have played CoH and loved it...but they can't.

:'(
How about some of the smaller ones? Like Top Cow's people? (Ron Marz, Marc Silvestri, etc?) or some of Dark Horse's writers/artists?
Then again, some of those might have connections to Marvel or DC too... I haven't really read any comics in years now...

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
Actually the wow players were for it. it was the GW2 players on the diablo forums that were against it. If we post in wow forums under games gaming and hardware, thats where blizzard said to post, we can get blizzard to see there are people that want it. If all of us can post in there forums then it will look worth it. If just a few of us do that won't really help so we all need to do it. WoW is only 20 usd for the original game and the 1st expansion.

They basically want our community to show them that it's worth it. If alot of us are on there, enough that blizzard thinks they'll make money then they will concider it. But as of right now with not many trying they havn't seen the need to.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:57:22 PM by Moonfyire101 »

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
I still have an active WoW sub.  But I doubt I'll be taken seriously because I used to play on WRA (My sub's active for another month, then I'll be cancelling because really..the game got to me in a bad way.  LOVE my guild..the game..not so much)  If anyone has any copypaste you want me to put up on their forums let me know.   I want to keep this as professional as possible and with an incoming head cold and massive amounts of RL stress I doubt I'll be able to put something more coherent than "Umm Hi I play you, and this is crazy, Save my City, of Heroes maybe?" so if TonyV has anything he wants me to put up I'll put it up.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »
If Blizzard said this I will contact my WoW fan friends.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 04:15:29 PM »
This is what they said in one of the emails. They do read their forums and even respond sometimes if the thread gets long enough or is worthwhile.

I'm very sorry to hear about what is happening with City of Heroes / Paragon Studios.  =(

However, I'm afraid that the customer support department does not deal with Blizzard buying other game companies and we are unable to pass along a message to our employees who make those descisions.

The most appropriate place to discuss this would be on our Games, Gaming and Hardware forums (which are meant to discuss non-Blizzard games).

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 04:25:57 PM »
The wrinkle I see in this plan is the general lack of love for WoW that has been peppered throughout this forum.  Also, the greatest strength that I saw for the broader appeal of CoH was that it had the most playable F2P side.  You could not access certain content, but, aside from Incarnates, there was nothing to stop you reaching the highest levels without spending a dime.

In WoW, you can't access above level 20 without paying.  You can't access above level 55, I believe, without the first expansion, 70 or 80 without the second, and so on.  Teaming is virtually pointless, though far less so that in Champions. The mission mechanics are completely tedious, all the more so when you factor in the complete lack of travel powers available to free players. 

Has anyone here played to level 20 for free to see what happens?  I reactivated my account when Cataclysm dropped and had a fresh character almost to level thirty in a weekend.  It would have been faster, but at LEAST half of that time was spent "running" around from mission to contact and back.  They don't have cell phones in Azeroth? Yeesh! Anyway, at level 20, can you still play, but gain no experience? Does it boot you and make you start over?

All that said, would we really want Blizzard to overhaul the F2P aspect of CoH to fit their model?  I'm not trashing WoW or Blizzard.  I've enjoyed every game of theirs that I've played, including the Warcraft series. But, if they were to acquire our game, would we recognize it when it came out the other side?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
i understand your concens about blizzard but they do listen to their fans. I mean they've been revamping D3 since it came out per request of the fans. If we don't like something they mostlikely will try to find a way to compromise. I'm not worried about Blizzard at all. More concerned with companies like SoE.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Conversely, seeing it in the hands of a supportive publisher with the funds and willingness to actively promote it? :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »
Blizzard has always impressed me as a company on almost all levels. Though Victoria brought up a good point in another thread: Cryptic licenses out the rights to use the engine, but Cryptic still owns said engine.

moshdawg

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »
its all we need to do  let our voices  be heard  put up some of the  tribute vids  show the rally vids     
we as a community  need to show  blizzard  that coh is worth saving   show them that we have many
 big names  arthors  supporting   us   has anybody posted anything on mmo champion