Author Topic: Screen Captures in Character Creation?  (Read 2165 times)

DarkCurrent

• Boss
Screen Captures in Character Creation?
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »
Is there a way to get screenshots in the I24 Beta character creation window?

I could have sworn I was able to get some using the I23 version a couple months ago, but now that I upgraded for Paragon Chat I can't get them anymore.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Screen Captures in Character Creation?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »
I don't recall ever being able to take screen shots from the character creator automatically. You have to use print screen, then open another program (like Paint) and paste the screenshot in manually.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
Hmm... maybe that's what I was doing.  It was a while back, so it's possible.  I'll try and see if it works.  Then, post here what happened.

Thanks.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 10:14:42 PM »
I found a couple of ways. I have Xnview as my default picture browser. If I hit the 'PrtScr' button, then open Xnview, there's an option to 'import clipboard'. I then can save it. Another option is to download the last FREE (and awesome) version of  FastStone Capture. You can take a screenshot of the entire page, or a specific portion. You can download it here....FastStone Capture.
of course, if you have Windows7 or above you can always use the snipping tool. Hope this helped!

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:19:58 PM »
I have Photoshop and it's working (Prnt Scrn > Ctrl V into new document from Clipboard).  Only issue I'm having is there's a lag between when / what I click in Icon and what pastes in Photoshop.  You have to 'pre-click' what you want to actually capture or you'll miss it when it actually plays.  Weird, I know, but it works with some practice.

Other issue is the clipboard seems to store one extra shot before it will purge even though you've already captured a new image of a totally different character animation.  Again, some sort of lag between the programs.

Could be related to the wireless keyboard as well.  Anyway, I can live with it until PC has power activation capability!

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 11:48:18 PM »
I figured out my latency issue.  If you run Icon in full screen you get a nearly unpredictable delay between what's on your screen and what shows on the clipboard after you hit Prnt Scrn.

So I switched to Window mode and voila' problem solved.  WYSIWYG.

I installed a rapid fire screenshot program as well and now I can take strings of pics while character animations are playing in the character creation window.