Author Topic: TF:HM updates  (Read 20474 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
TF:HM updates
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
Quinch and I have finished the pitch.

It's currently being given a once-over by VV, and we should get the contact details for Google from her, once that's been done :)

We would like to tie this into the webpage and advertising campaign being spoken about elsewhere on the boards, if at all possible.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Cold Bob

• Minion
Re: TF:HM updates
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
Good to hear!

I'll keep watching for more information!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
Awsome.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »
Congrats!

... Haven't been able to say that in a while! Feels good.  ;D
- Omega Mk. V

Ladders

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »
Congrats!

... Haven't been able to say that in a while! Feels good.  ;D

So ingrained is the association, that I heard the level up sound effect when I read that.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »
Well that's great news! Good to hear :D

I'm sure you know this but, if we can help in some way, please let us know the details. And thanks again for all the effort. You're rock stars!

So ingrained is the association, that I heard the level up sound effect when I read that.

That's just plain cool 8)

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »
Thanks for the update, Rae!

Heroid

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
Here's hoping!
aka, Heroid

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:58:03 PM »
Man I HOPE Google makes a strong play for the game. IhopeIhopeIhopeIhopeIhope
I miss home :( :'(

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »
Well hell yeah then. Getting it in. Hope something comes of it.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:34:50 PM »
Good luck, guys!  Besides wanting my CoH fix in general, I'd be interested to see what, for example, using Google Hangout with SG bases could produce.  Not to mention Google would be able to provide a solid server base, to say the least.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:14:10 AM by Phaetan »

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 12:05:36 AM »
Great to hear, keeping my fingers crossed  :)

InOnePiece

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 12:25:38 AM »

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 05:58:08 AM »
WHICH REALITY WILL BE OURS?

WHAT WILL COME TO PASS?

WILL THE HEROES PREVAIL?

(Good luck, team.)

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
I've been lurking here mostly, checking in every once in awhile for updates.

*crosses fingers*

I hope this works!

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06:35 PM »
I'm not the least bit artistic myself as in I can't draw stick people.... :P

But...... would it not be cool if someone could come up with a COH stylized Google sign or banner like when they did the Justice League one?

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 11:03:33 PM »
Here is the banner from the day google did this.

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/files/2009/07/googleart09_jim.jpg

I think Jim Lee may have been involved but I'm not sure.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 02:06:33 AM »
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

well thats encouraging, maybe it will help me get out of this slump I'm in when CoH is back.

I AM SOOO BORED.... I played Scarlet blade till the market was hoplessly broken, now I can't bring myself to play it any more.. I havn't played it in almost a week.. so being able to play CoH int he next few months would be very nice.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
Here's to hoping we hear something positive soon (relatively speaking).
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »
Fingers crossed!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
somehow I have conflicting feelings about this, I worry that google thinks we are childish for taking so long. "well so and so said they were going to send me something... oh well, I guess not, probably just some people biting off more than they can chew."

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
Joshex, business moves slowly and with a purpose if they have a clue. If they move quickly on something it is because they vetted it for years in advance.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
somehow I have conflicting feelings about this, I worry that google thinks we are childish for taking so long. "well so and so said they were going to send me something... oh well, I guess not, probably just some people biting off more than they can chew."

Joshex, business moves slowly and with a purpose if they have a clue. If they move quickly on something it is because they vetted it for years in advance.
Businesses may move slowly, but sales teams do not.  That's the point that Joshex was making -- it's been over 3 months since VV got the Google Play contact.  That's not meant to be judgmental, it's just a fact.  So yes, if I heard someone was going to pitch something to me and 3 months later heard nothing, I might wonder similarly about it, if I even gave it serious consideration.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
It's not unusual (and has been been stressed here on numerous occasions) for corporate decision-making processes to move at tectonic speeds. Now, my impression of companies like Google (you know: Silicon Valley companies) has run counter to that, but there has also never been any impression of a time frame or deadline. I'm not in any way privy to any kind of "inside" information, but the members of Team Wildcard have always been very up front with information they have, any time it is something they are allowed to share.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »
If Google had a time frame that the sales pitch needed to be completed by, VV and Rae would have been informed about it. I think it will be okay.
- Omega Mk. V

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
VV certainly hasn't indicated that it will be a problem, and she's been kept up to date with things the whole time we've been working on this. The contact we have is... Well, I googled him and freaked out a little, because he's big noise.

I can only apologise for the time it has taken us to finish this pitch. I'm working on it around family, work, TPP and bereavement, obviously you know that VVs mum died, and I haven't heard from Ammon at all.  It has just been Quinch and I, so it has been incredibly difficult to bring it all together.

Having said all that, I understand Quinch already has a third target in mind, and preliminary work is already underway, in case Google don't bite.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:23:44 PM by Rae »
--
@Vandellia

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
Businesses may move slowly, but sales teams do not.  That's the point that Joshex was making -- it's been over 3 months since VV got the Google Play contact.  That's not meant to be judgmental, it's just a fact.  So yes, if I heard someone was going to pitch something to me and 3 months later heard nothing, I might wonder similarly about it, if I even gave it serious consideration.
hmmm.

Hopefully VV been updating the contact on the status at least and or progress. You know, letting em know it's still on and not 3 months of silence. In a big machine like Google, even one that is personally known 3 months is a while to not hear anything and liable to move on and forget. Yea business processes move slow per se, but that is mostly due to the amount of process  like prepping pitches to the right people,  ensuring all that havehold in the decision process have time to get to it, financial analysist, the pros cons, submittion of findings, amount of money willing to put up, then the pitch to the seller of said product, then their process of the recieved information, and internal gear moving, and counter proposal or meeting set up is sent, gathering the people even if video/phone conference, working around schedules, sometimes depending on how big the purchase is, meeting with big stockholders and workign around their schedule, analysist of the counter proposal or the legal stuff of the original one, ironing out the kinks, assuming no major issues or internal resistance, meeting, talk between thel egal teams of both seller and buyer, negotiation of price, and maybe buying or walking away. The process even in business is moving fast fast fast and not sitting around collecting dust in the meantime. But it seems slow if waiting on particular section or outcome. And the process of course varies especially when dealing with two entities not even in same country. The process may be quick if NCSoft straight up say no, and Google decides to not pursue the matter further which happens more often than a person think. Google tries to buy up stuff all the time and 90% of the time the seller dont want to sell. Sometimes Google really wants it and come back with bigger offer or bigger perk, and sometimes the seller relents and sometimes the seller sticks to their gun and still say no. Most of the time those things are not publically released to the media and no one outside stockholders and people that know someone that know someone hears about it. And on a side note, it is said Google also on a constant basis recieves letters and "pitches" about buying said product or company or idea.

I think this pitch have a chance to succeed but still no matter what, no matter how it's cut or avoided, it depends if the seller wants to sell or not. And various reasons why companies big and small dont want to sell varies from they just dont want to sell to some major ones like it will give Google a foothold in being a monopoly in certain industry sector to they just dont like Google to they dont feel they was offered enough to they rather stay independent regardless that the money offered means they could retire with that one sale deep into wealthy category and 100s times more than they are currently worth. Money isnt everything to everyone. And in corporations sometimes it's other factors outside chasing every penny that is waved in front of them. While other corporations will quickly sell their own mother for 1 dollar regardless of the long term consequence. While others wont sell to potential or real or imagined competitor no matter what is the price if it means helpign that competition move up in any way. There are plenty of IP that are never sold and is collecting dust, and many are already mostly forgotten by general population that the holder refuse to sell but refuse to do anything with, especially in the automotive world. While other companies refuse to let any of their products die like Mercedes-Benz (Daimler AG) which still make parts/support for every vehicle they ever made. While some companies stop making parts and support for their product after merely a few years like no more new factory part for the 1995-1996 Impala and every car on that platform for example. Luckily with cars you can find used parts and find aftermarket parts (Equivalent to Private servers). But many cars, especially ones no longer made and mostly forgotten you can not find either or and one of the reason you dont see many up if any up and running anymore but the company still hold on to the IP rights from the logo to design specs to trademarks but just renew it every so often but havent put out product in some cases in 50 years or more.

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »
Good luck with your pitch, and even better work working around the different obstacles that stood in your way. Fingers are crossed, makes it a bit hard to type.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
I can only apologise for the time it has taken us to finish this pitch.

Oh no you don't. You stop that, now. You and Quinch are going out of your way to do this, and I'll not sit and listen to you apologize for that.

In fact, we're sorry that the effort has to be kept limited to so few people, to protect privileged information and such. I'm sure you'd have all the help you could ever need if it were possible to share the info you've been working with. But since you two did take on the bulk of the work alone this time, the very least the rest of us can do is make sure you don't think you need to apologize for anything.

Thank you both for working your butts off on our behalf; we're very grateful that you were able and willing to do so. And as I'm sure you're well aware, let us know when and how we can help. :)

(Also, this is the second time you guys have worked your butts off over this now. Which means you somehow had to put your butt back on, so you could work it off again. You might want to see a doctor about that, butts aren't meant to be detachable :o )

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »
hmmm.

Hopefully VV been updating the contact on the status at least and or progress. You know, letting em know it's still on and not 3 months of silence. In a big machine like Google, even one that is personally known 3 months is a while to not hear anything and liable to move on and forget. Yea business processes move slow per se, but that is mostly due to the amount of process  like prepping pitches to the right people,  ensuring all that havehold in the decision process have time to get to it, financial analysist, the pros cons, submittion of findings, amount of money willing to put up, then the pitch to the seller of said product, then their process of the recieved information, and internal gear moving, and counter proposal or meeting set up is sent, gathering the people even if video/phone conference, working around schedules, sometimes depending on how big the purchase is, meeting with big stockholders and workign around their schedule, analysist of the counter proposal or the legal stuff of the original one, ironing out the kinks, assuming no major issues or internal resistance, meeting, talk between thel egal teams of both seller and buyer, negotiation of price, and maybe buying or walking away. The process even in business is moving fast fast fast and not sitting around collecting dust in the meantime. But it seems slow if waiting on particular section or outcome. And the process of course varies especially when dealing with two entities not even in same country. The process may be quick if NCSoft straight up say no, and Google decides to not pursue the matter further which happens more often than a person think. Google tries to buy up stuff all the time and 90% of the time the seller dont want to sell. Sometimes Google really wants it and come back with bigger offer or bigger perk, and sometimes the seller relents and sometimes the seller sticks to their gun and still say no. Most of the time those things are not publically released to the media and no one outside stockholders and people that know someone that know someone hears about it. And on a side note, it is said Google also on a constant basis recieves letters and "pitches" about buying said product or company or idea.

I think this pitch have a chance to succeed but still no matter what, no matter how it's cut or avoided, it depends if the seller wants to sell or not. And various reasons why companies big and small dont want to sell varies from they just dont want to sell to some major ones like it will give Google a foothold in being a monopoly in certain industry sector to they just dont like Google to they dont feel they was offered enough to they rather stay independent regardless that the money offered means they could retire with that one sale deep into wealthy category and 100s times more than they are currently worth. Money isnt everything to everyone. And in corporations sometimes it's other factors outside chasing every penny that is waved in front of them. While other corporations will quickly sell their own mother for 1 dollar regardless of the long term consequence. While others wont sell to potential or real or imagined competitor no matter what is the price if it means helpign that competition move up in any way. There are plenty of IP that are never sold and is collecting dust, and many are already mostly forgotten by general population that the holder refuse to sell but refuse to do anything with, especially in the automotive world. While other companies refuse to let any of their products die like Mercedes-Benz (Daimler AG) which still make parts/support for every vehicle they ever made. While some companies stop making parts and support for their product after merely a few years like no more new factory part for the 1995-1996 Impala and every car on that platform for example. Luckily with cars you can find used parts and find aftermarket parts (Equivalent to Private servers). But many cars, especially ones no longer made and mostly forgotten you can not find either or and one of the reason you dont see many up if any up and running anymore but the company still hold on to the IP rights from the logo to design specs to trademarks but just renew it every so often but havent put out product in some cases in 50 years or more.

My eyes blurred a lil .... not gonna lie
Google ... NC$oft .. Mercedes Benz ... wut  :o

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
tl;dr
This:
Hopefully VV's been updating the contact on the status at least and or progress. You know, letting em know it's still on and not 3 months of silence.
I think this pitch have has a chance to succeed but still, no matter what, it depends if the seller wants to sell or not.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
VV certainly hasn't indicated that it will be a problem, and she's been kept up to date with things the whole time we've been working on this. The contact we have is... Well, I googled him and freaked out a little, because he's big noise.

I can only apologise for the time it has taken us to finish this pitch. I'm working on it around family, work, TPP and bereavement, obviously you know that VVs mum died, and I haven't heard from Ammon at all.  It has just been Quinch and I, so it has been incredibly difficult to bring it all together.

Having said all that, I understand Quinch already has a third target in mind, and preliminary work is already underway, in case Google don't bite.

I never meant to directly criticize you for being slow, granted I know it takes time to write a pitch and at the same time all of those aforementioned complications have happened.

I was just as therain93 said, I'm worried that google might have forgotten which might lower thier interest levels, then again it might be preferential because now they've had more time to think it over (cause I'm sure there was already an inside mention of the pitch like: "someone I know has a rather profitable pitch for us to pick up a game title, they'll be sending it to you soon so be on the lookout for it." ) if that were me I'd have already thought about it every way and sideways in 3 months, where as if I were slapped in the face with it really quickly I might not come up with the best marketing strategies which might lead me to believe it wont be profitable enough.

anyways I'm just rambling about marketing psychology lol...

no harm intended rae, and thanks to you and VV and ammon for the work and time.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »
My eyes blurred a lil .... not gonna lie
Google ... NC$oft .. Mercedes Benz ... wut  :o
lol. yeah never try to read it all at one time. A little here aa little there. BUt I like to ocver all the points and basis before someone is quick to try to point out something that is assumed but not written, so I write it instead of later going back and forth about what I meant and what they think I meant.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
Well, I googled him...
How appropriate.   ;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 09:09:58 PM »
Awesome news!! I will report on 'Save CoH radio' tonight that things are moving forward, but NOT to take any actions until we hear otherwise from you good people! Keep up the amazing efforts!! :)

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 10:27:14 PM »

An apology is unnecessary. Life is unscripted. Sometimes it works in your favor other times it doesn't. How much you can mitigate varies a great deal as well.

The death of a parent can be earth shattering and having to deal with deadlines that have already been pushed to the limit on top of that...well unless you are a heartless bastard that kind of speaks for itself.

I think it's unlikely that this sort of endeavor would normally be possible in most other MMO communities, even the other close knit ones, without the close ties between the players and the developers. I was just a very long time causal player myself and had no idea of the depth this community had until it's closure was announced.

I'm just thankful we have people who can actually do something and are willing to spend what little spare time they have to make such an effort possible.

So thanks to all of you.
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »
Oh no you don't. You stop that, now. You and Quinch are going out of your way to do this, and I'll not sit and listen to you apologize for that.

In fact, we're sorry that the effort has to be kept limited to so few people, to protect privileged information and such. I'm sure you'd have all the help you could ever need if it were possible to share the info you've been working with. But since you two did take on the bulk of the work alone this time, the very least the rest of us can do is make sure you don't think you need to apologize for anything.

Thank you both for working your butts off on our behalf; we're very grateful that you were able and willing to do so. And as I'm sure you're well aware, let us know when and how we can help. :)
Well said. Thanks for all of your efforts guys! What a community of awesome talented people!

(Also, this is the second time you guys have worked your butts off over this now. Which means you somehow had to put your butt back on, so you could work it off again. You might want to see a doctor about that, butts aren't meant to be detachable :o )

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
Walls of text for the lose.

I think this pitch have has a chance to succeed but still, no matter what, it depends if the seller wants to sell or not.

Well, no kidding. However, people want to ask so what harm does it do to ask? None whatever.

I also think NCSoft would not sell if a burning bush appeared at the entrance to their headquarters with the voice of Jehovah issuing from it asking NCSoft to please sell. BUT, rather than lose myself in a defeatist stew of depression, I am just waiting for the wild server to pop up somewhere. That sort of thing is what happens when people want something that a vendor refuses to provide.

And various reasons why companies big and small dont want to sell varies from they just dont want to sell to some major ones like it will give Google a foothold in being a monopoly in certain industry sector to they just dont like Google to they dont feel they was offered enough to they rather stay independent regardless that the money offered means they could retire with that one sale deep into wealthy category and 100s times more than they are currently worth.

A plethora of circular text. But why not let them ask? I get so tired of "OMG DONT DO ~ANYTHING~ BECAUSE IT WILL FAIL!!!!" Doing nothing is a guarantee of failure.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:11:06 PM by Illusionss »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »
Walls of text for the lose.

Well, no kidding. However, people want to ask so what harm does it do to ask? None whatever.

I also think NCSoft would not sell if a burning bush appeared at the entrance to their headquarters with the voice of Jehovah issuing from it asking NCSoft to please sell. BUT, rather than lose myself in a defeatist stew of depression, I am just waiting for the wild server to pop up somewhere. That sort of thing is what happens when people want something that a vendor refuses to provide.

A plethora of circular text. But why not let them ask? I get so tired of "OMG DONT DO ~ANYTHING~ BECAUSE IT WILL FAIL!!!!" Doing nothing is a guarantee of failure.

Well I dont think anywhere in there did I say OMG dont do anything because it will fail. Or even, why bother asking.

I'm not sure if ya looking too deep into it to look for something that isnt there or just truely misunderstand. I'll assume just misunderstood for now until more evidence.

But even that be, there is no needs for the insults. If it was too long for you, dont try to read it all at once or just skip it. No one is forcing you to read it and it's not like it was world record of longest post or anything. I figured, that many complain of length when either they dont get it or think they dont agree with the point. But instead of asking, some resort to replies  like the one you did. I dont mind a little tl:dr post and little snark like that but straight up insult because YOU missed the point, that is a little crossing the line there aint it?

If you didnt get it the first time, or it was truely too long or what ever reason, there is a way to ask, "Hey, I didnt get what you saying" Instead of saying it's defeatist, when it's not, or wall of text when it's not, but since you want to misunderstand the entire point and not ask one bit for clarification all a sudden the length is a problem.

And lastly it's funny how you say this little text of mine is too long but your quick to say you in the psy. field and college educated, which is now dubious if my post was a wall of text in two paragraphs and that is too long then I doubt you even made it out of the eight grade, you know where they read books and wrote reports longer than what I wrote? See insults can go both ways, but it solves nothing. Lets not devolve into that and if you dont understand something or a point just ask. It makes things easier. If it's too much of a hassle, then dont read it, leave it alone, skip it, as not everything I write is targeted for a reader like you. And if length of my post was REALLY an issue with you, why not the others that were much longer? And no response to those? That is why I think you just threw in length in there just to throw it in there because you think you dont agree with my post. If you dont agree, stick to the points, and stop getting childish about it. We are probably adults here. Lets act like it and stop acting exactly like how many people around the web describes us. Jusy because they say it doesnt mean anyone here have to be it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:20:36 PM by JaguarX »

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
How appropriate.   ;D

:) Tell me about it.

And thanks for being so understanding everyone - although a few people missed Quinch out of the thank yous, and he's been working his backside off, too :)

I'm just trying to get hold of the web page lady to find out if/when she's looking to get that online. If we can coincide it with the pitch, awesome, if not, we'll be pressing on very shortly, so watch this space.
--
@Vandellia

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »
Thanks for working so hard at the pitch Rae, Quinch, VV, and anyone else who helps. i sincerely appreciate the effort everyone is making although i have to be honest and say that i'm dubious that NCsoft would sell at a price any reasonable person would find acceptable in order to avoid potential embarrassment. After all they've never sold off any of the other games they've shut down, so it would also go against established practices in addition to possibly ending up with egg on their faces if CoH made a commercially successful return.

That said, i have various appendages crossed that this will succeed. And i would so love to see NCsoft embarrassed.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Surelle

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 06:03:29 PM »
Hopefully this will not affect any final Google pitch, but Gamasutra just announced that Google has just killed off its Google+ Games Service, which apparently was not doing too well.  http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/192305/Google_Games_service_killed_off.php

I doubt Google would be getting directly involved with buying the CoH IP or hosting CoH anyway, though.  Contacting Google in the first place seems more a "middle man" opinion-requesting-type thing anyway I guess.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »
I'll get Quinch to have a quick squiff at it and see if he thinks we need to re-write anything. Thanks for the heads-up :)
--
@Vandellia

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 02:14:23 AM »
sounds to me like google wont be interested in any games from here on out, that and apparently they need backing to run games (probably financial backing)

so, yeah... maybe it was a good thing they didn't pick-up CoH before this time, otherwise they'd be trying to push that off to another company, and I'm sure NCSoft would take it back and sit on it some more.

and google is killing off some games... so in my opinion CoH wouldn't have been necessarily safe there, though I'm sure they would easily sell the game IP's if someone came asking.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 03:57:39 AM »
Jaguar: Well I dont think anywhere in there did I say OMG dont do anything because it will fail. Or even, why bother asking.

NO, you did not use those exact words. But this is in fact what you are asking everyone to do: stop all these efforts to save the game because Resistance Is Futile. It may well BE futile, but some folks like to chase down every last alley until they are satisfied every expediency has been met.... so I say, let them do it. And if a miracle happens, then we will all benefit! Right? Why not wish them well, rather than create a wall of text saying that all is futile because once Mercedes Benz retires a model of car, they retire it for eternity. Which is one heck of a non sequiter, by the way.

And lastly it's funny how you say this little text of mine is too long but your quick to say you in the psy. field and college educated, which is now dubious if my post was a wall of text in two paragraphs and that is too long then I doubt you even made it out of the eight grade, you know where they read books and wrote reports longer than what I wrote? See insults can go both ways, but it solves nothing.

More circular text.

Luckily, my field of work and my degrees are not hinging on your belief. You are free to believe I am a present day descendant of the Sawney Bean clan wrapped in an untanned human hide, posting from a cave in Scotland using a Commodore 64 if you wish. This affects reality not at all.

Plus, the idea that someone finding your wall of text to BE a wall of text means that they "didn't make it out of eighth grade" is hilarious. It was a rambling wall of text that not only failed to present your ideas concisely, it was defeatist. See... me, when presented with a challenge, I prefer to fight, not throw in the towel.

That is why I think you just threw in length in there just to throw it in there because you think you dont agree with my post.

1. I do not in fact agree with your wall of text telling people to stop trying to save CoX because of Mercedes Benz's treatement of discontinued car models. Truly:

2. Your post was not edited in a fashion that presented your ideas in a fashion which made them easy to decipher. A business reading this assertation would not get past your second sentence. "What is this....? NEXT"

3. The large hospital I work for has been trying to decide on a major direction-shift in the patients they treat FOR FOUR YEARS NOW and they appear to be no closer to a solution now than they were four years ago. So much for your assertation that big businesses make decisions "fast fast fast." Um.... no they don't. I could give more examples.

This is the last time I am going to address this assertation of yours re the hopelessness of the present cause. I wish TF:HM the best and am hopeful for any results.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 04:07:00 AM »
NO, you did not use those exact words. But this is in fact what you are asking everyone to do: stop all these efforts to save the game because Resistance Is Futile. It may well BE futile, but some folks like to chase down every last alley until they are satisfied every expediency has been met.... so I say, let them do it. And if a miracle happens, then we will all benefit! Right? Why not wish them well, rather than create a wall of text saying that all is futile because once Mercedes Benz retires a model of car, they retire it for eternity. Which is one heck of a non sequiter, by the way.

More circular text.

Luckily, my field of work and my degrees are not hinging on your belief. You are free to believe I am a present day descendant of the Sawney Bean clan wrapped in an untanned human hide, posting from a cave in Scotland using a Commodore 64 if you wish. This affects reality not at all.

Plus, the idea that someone finding your wall of text to BE a wall of text means that they "didn't make it out of eighth grade" is hilarious. It was a rambling wall of text that not only failed to present your ideas concisely, it was defeatist. See... me, when presented with a challenge, I prefer to fight, not throw in the towel.

1. I do not in fact agree with your wall of text telling people to stop trying to save CoX because of Mercedes Benz's treatement of discontinued car models. Truly:

2. Your post was not edited in a fashion that presented your ideas in a fashion which made them easy to decipher. A business reading this assertation would not get past your second sentence. "What is this....? NEXT"

3. The large hospital I work for has been trying to decide on a major direction-shift in the patients they treat FOR FOUR YEARS NOW and they appear to be no closer to a solution now than they were four years ago. So much for your assertation that big businesses make decisions "fast fast fast." Um.... no they don't. I could give more examples.

This is the last time I am going to address this assertation of yours re the hopelessness of the present cause. I wish TF:HM the best and am hopeful for any results.

for the record before my last post draws similar agro, in no way am I saying for this project to call it quits, heck now please continue and I hope for the best. if it fails however, I still have my plans hehehe Hahahahaha HEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA NCSoft will curse the day it decided to try and snuff out a city of villains!!!!

er I mean... well.. you didn't just read that.

long live TF:HM, or should that be short live... or er now I'm confused.. may it live successfully till it needs to gallantly part with the life it has, to supply us with the fruits of it's heroic labor.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »

No, that is not what I'm asking everyone to do. I'm clearing thta up right now, again, nowhere in there am I asking everyone to do. As you said, I didnt use those exact words so stop putting words in there to make it mean what you want it to mean. If I was goign to say that everyone should just give up, I would of said, "everyone should give up. Seeing as I didnt, and maybe that caused some confusion, I'm telling you now again, that is not what I'm saying.

And even with the Mercedes part, you missed it and got it twisted. I said Mercedes still makes parts for all their cars ever made, meaning, yes even old things can continue on, regardless of age, in one fashion or or another.

I'm not sure what your problem is when I cleared it  up and said that is not what i'm saying and you going to tell me, what I meant after even telling you what I meant. Are you me? a mind reader? I said the meaning you assigned is not what I was saying at all and it's apparent you didnt read the post as all and even got the MBZ part wrong as I clearly said they still make parts for their cars but seriously read what I say before getting it all twisted and putting words into my mouth.

And if that was the problem then ya should of said so instead being childish about it with the insults and jumping to conclusions saying I'm saying everyone should give up when I clearly didnt say anything of the sort. And you cant even point out where I said that. You just made it up, picked a few words and twisted to mean what ever you wanted it to mean to start trouble. I'm not going any further with this until you are mature enough to want to discuss this like and adult. Until then good day, believe what you want to believe, and twist what ever you want to twist but that is your problem not mine now.

On one hand you say the point wasnt in a clear concise manner but yet, you seem adament that I was saying everyone should give up. That is the clue now that I know your purpose is to merely be a unicorn here. If it wasnt consice and the point wasnt clear than how can you be so sure that in your head that I was saying that everyone should just give up. And if you are so sure of that then, in your head, as you read it and the way you believe it, then the poitn was clear. To you, the point seemed to be that I said everyoen should give up. See, that is how when I thought about it, it became clear you are merely unicorning here and I got pulled into it. Good job. Your unicorning post worked. *claps*. Hats off to you. You got me. Wont happen again though.

We have a common goal here to get COX back in one way or another. Go pick a fight with someone else. I have no more time for it.

Hopefully that was crystal clear to you. In case it wasnt and those few words were beyond your reading length capability, in short, I'm saying- "Go unicorn someone else."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:00:29 AM by JaguarX »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 06:51:38 AM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:20:56 AM by JaguarX »

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:40 AM »

NO, you did not use those exact words. But this is in fact what you are asking everyone to do: stop all these efforts to save the game because Resistance Is Futile. It may well BE futile, but some folks like to chase down every last alley until they are satisfied every expediency has been met.... so I say, let them do it. And if a miracle happens, then we will all benefit! Right? Why not wish them well, rather than create a wall of text saying that all is futile because once Mercedes Benz retires a model of car, they retire it for eternity. Which is one heck of a non sequiter, by the way

I really have to ask where the hell you got any of that from.  I didn't get that from his message at all.  He is simply calling it like it is.  NCSoft probably won't sell, things that go into retirement usually don't come out of retirement.  Those are two things that history generally has proven to be true.  You are right there is no harm in trying or asking someone to buy it the worse that will happen is they say "No" and we stay where we are  However, that doesn't mean he is saying don't try or everyone should give up.  Why is it every time someone points out something that people SHOULD keep in mind, they automatically become some one trying to sink peoples good time ship.. I haven't seen this time, or anytime JaguarX say that we should give up, stop trying, or call it quits "cause something is pointless." I have, however, seen on several different occasions you on here accusing people of being quitters or defeatists often after taking what they said out of context.

And yes yes, I know.  I'm a defeatist, most likely a traitor and if I want to give up I can but you wont let quitters like me make you give up hope right?  Sorry to be rude about it but it gets REALLY old always seeing these.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:00:49 AM by Taceus Jiwede »

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
Where were we?  Oh right! *ahem*

Thank you for the update Rae!
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »
If someone at Google ASKED for a sales pitch then make it.

You don't know internal politics or any part of Google's structure. If this guy is high enough up the ladder he can do it on his own. It is inevitable that we begin to eat our own at some point.

How about not at this point.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 04:22:14 PM »
I agree with Ironwolf, and I also have faith in google.  Google is one of those companies to be frank, I'd want to work for them.  They are reputed to be a very forward minded company and tend to be very solid at making decisions, in fact it's been stated that google even treats it's employee's very fairly.  When you look at the other trends google makes, you'll notice that they are either following others on innovation or even ahead of the curb to, in that they often ask themselves how they can improve their services for the customer, which isn't something you see as often anymore.  They are like starbucks, they prefer to serve a quality product to customers and prefer to serve those customers first through quality, rather than quantity(quantity being what many game

I say we still have a big chance with them to pick us up because of those factors.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
o.O

We really need to keep things together, and get a grip. I agree with points on both sides, but that's neither here nor there. What I think IS important is the following

1. Was the Google contact kept up to date on the status of the pitch. Like once or twice a month (give or take depending on the details of the relation with the contact, and their interest)? This way they don't think it just got dropped, and lost interest, and decided to move on, not expecting anything from us?

2. Was the contact 'contacted' to say "the package is ready" or whatever proper phrase is used, and given an ETA?

3. Deliver said package.

4. Tell us when we can write in our support, and to whom, and the contact and context of our letters.

5. Pray/chant/etc that NC comes to the table.

Conjecturing, or anything else, that doesn't do anything to accomplish the above goals, IMO, is going to serve no purpose but piss us off at each other. Parts of our community are hanging on by a shoestring as it is.

Please, just take a step back from the computer screen at times like these. We can't afford losing numbers. We can't afford losing focus. We can't afford negativity. This was never promised to be an easy fight ... and it won't get any easier by turning on each other, or discouraging each other.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
things that go into retirement usually don't come out of retirement.  Those are two things that history generally has proven to be true.

the only notable exception seems to be Jay Leno.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
And Asheron's Call 2, and APB: Reloaded, and Agent Coulson, and Earth and Beyond (if you consider the fact that the emu is better developed/maintained than the live game was), and my step-dad. What? You sayin' my step-dad isn't notable, punk?  ;D

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
Taceus: I have, however, seen on several different occasions you on here accusing people of being quitters or defeatists often after taking what they said out of context.

Really? Where?

And yes yes, I know.  I'm a defeatist, most likely a traitor and if I want to give up I can but you wont let quitters like me make you give up hope right?  Sorry to be rude about it but it gets REALLY old always seeing these

You are free to give up hope anytime you like, as goes without saying.

What gets old is, every time someone tried to make a difference we have someone pop out of the woodwork with fifty thousand reasons why even trying is a total waste of time. And you are right, that really does get old. Let's let people who want to make an effort, make an effort. Who is harmed by that? I truly dont get it.

As for the rest of the above: TL:DR. Both because its presented as nigh-impenetrable wall o' text and because I am not interested in a flamewar. What I AM interested in is getting our game back. UNTIL Phoenix Project comes to fruition, at which time I will abandon any thought of CoX, sad to say.

That is most likely when NCStupid will relaunch CoX: when PP is about 3 months from launch. "OMG THEY ARE SERIOUS!!! WE MUST THROW A SPOKE IN THEIR WHEEL!" Wait and see.  8)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:37:19 PM by Illusionss »

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
I posted this earlier in the post but I think it bears repeating

I hope that Google works for several reasons.. One if Google comes calling at the NCSoft door that is not going to be ignored so easily. They will have a very hard time explaining to investors that they wouldnt sell an IP that is doing NOTHING to Google.. If it got any press that Google was interested an a NCSoft property and they refused to sell it could really hurt their stock...

Now I have been wondering why would Google be interested in a MMORPG. They really dont do games at all. But as I began to ponder this myself is that one thing that I do know is that Google is very aware of communities and we have a strong community.

Google is going to have to move into games as gaming is becoming a medium through which people connect and interact with one another. Their competitors like Microsoft are into gaming and while Apple isnt a gaming company their hardware is used by many gamers.

How can this be profitable and interesting to Google beyond the subscriptions for players? This is where my mind began to think..

1) Ok I dont know who owns Mids but its obviously an invaluable tool for any CoH players. Could Google purchase the rights to use Mids and then distribute it for a small fee? Or could they develop an alternate program. I would pay a few bucks for a " Mids " I could use on a tablet or smartphone. You know how many builds and respecs I could accomplish in bathroom time alone ???? This is one avenue i thought about..

2) Paragon Market.. a ready made Google store. I would totally love to purchase items through my smartphone or tablet while I am away from my PC and have those items ready for me when I got home. New powers.. im buying.. new costume pieces.. Im buying.. Another enhancement on sale and I need more Paragon Points... Im buying.. and Google is making money...

3) Google+ utilized by Supergroups, friends, guilds etc etc as a way of communication and announcing events.. Thats a win for Google..

4) Google can easily see the numerous Youtube videos on CoH related fanfare which creates advertising revenue for Google..

5) Google could think of a way to make a purchasable mini game on your Phone, Nexus etc etc that earns you Paragon Points for use in the main game.. or you do things on that game to unlock certain things in CoH...

Im sure I brainstormed more than this but this is all I can recollect at the moment..

Google pitch could be a winner....

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 11:01:41 PM »
I posted this earlier in the post but I think it bears repeating

I hope that Google works for several reasons.. One if Google comes calling at the NCSoft door that is not going to be ignored so easily. They will have a very hard time explaining to investors that they wouldnt sell an IP that is doing NOTHING to Google.. If it got any press that Google was interested an a NCSoft property and they refused to sell it could really hurt their stock...

Now I have been wondering why would Google be interested in a MMORPG. They really dont do games at all. But as I began to ponder this myself is that one thing that I do know is that Google is very aware of communities and we have a strong community.

Google is going to have to move into games as gaming is becoming a medium through which people connect and interact with one another. Their competitors like Microsoft are into gaming and while Apple isnt a gaming company their hardware is used by many gamers.

How can this be profitable and interesting to Google beyond the subscriptions for players? This is where my mind began to think..

1) Ok I dont know who owns Mids but its obviously an invaluable tool for any CoH players. Could Google purchase the rights to use Mids and then distribute it for a small fee? Or could they develop an alternate program. I would pay a few bucks for a " Mids " I could use on a tablet or smartphone. You know how many builds and respecs I could accomplish in bathroom time alone ???? This is one avenue i thought about..

2) Paragon Market.. a ready made Google store. I would totally love to purchase items through my smartphone or tablet while I am away from my PC and have those items ready for me when I got home. New powers.. im buying.. new costume pieces.. Im buying.. Another enhancement on sale and I need more Paragon Points... Im buying.. and Google is making money...

3) Google+ utilized by Supergroups, friends, guilds etc etc as a way of communication and announcing events.. Thats a win for Google..

4) Google can easily see the numerous Youtube videos on CoH related fanfare which creates advertising revenue for Google..

5) Google could think of a way to make a purchasable mini game on your Phone, Nexus etc etc that earns you Paragon Points for use in the main game.. or you do things on that game to unlock certain things in CoH...

Im sure I brainstormed more than this but this is all I can recollect at the moment..

Google pitch could be a winner....

yup

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 11:48:05 PM »
Thank you very much for the update. I will wait with baited breath to see what will be the next instructions.

I may not spearhead anything, but I can soldier with the best of 'em!

Your efforts are herculean.

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2013, 12:33:45 AM »
The main point of all this is that we HAD TO deliver a professionally done pitch, to the right person who was "interested".  Google just hired a game guru (name escapes me right now) and that may help.  The main point is that I believe the folks in TFHM know what they are doing and they may never find a new home for our original game...At least they are trying!  Thanks to TFHM for everything you are doing and if we don't get CoX back, it is through no fault or lack of trying on your part.  Forums are for opinions so take what seems like a defeatist attitude as just that, not  "Give it Up" advice.
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2013, 01:11:08 AM »
What I was saying I don't think ANYONE is saying this was a bad idea or shouldn't be done.  Some people are just pointing out possible outcomes.  Yet the attitude is either you speak your mind and become a quitter.  Or you keep your mouth shut and get on board.  I think Google is a great idea, I think TFHM is a great idea.  So do many others who have been called quitters.  Just because you point out possible outcome doesn't mean you are quitters!

Really? Where?
Right below

You are free to give up hope anytime you like, as goes without saying

When did I say I was giving up hope?  In fact the whole point of the thing you responded to was that you would say exactly what you did.  That I am welcome to give up hope if I wanted too EVEN THOUGH that isn't what I was saying.  Hope has to be taken with a grain of salt, because if you hope with out preparing for every possible outcome, you are going to get burned.  It has happened to me, and it has probably happen to the other people on here saying "Don't get your hopes up too much.'  That is why I am here ranting and saying this because people are taking "Don't count your chickens" and turning it into "ITS HOPELESS!!!!!!!!!"  I am happy people are hopeful, the world needs a lot of hope.  But blind hope is dangerous and that is all some of us are trying to say.  And it would be nice to be able to speak your mind without being called a quitter, traitor, etc etc etc

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2013, 06:26:22 AM »
I'll be eager to hear what happens...

Sleepy Wonder

• Boss
  • MWM: Programmer, UI Designer, Bases
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2013, 06:33:30 AM »
Don't mind Illusionss, he/she did the same thing to me awhile back. Luckily there are mostly intelligent people here who know how to derive context out of original posts to see what was originally said.

With that, I still think waiting on the advertising drive is a waste of money and time. I mean sure it makes a good story, but buying a few ads on a select number of gaming sites is probably going to go mostly unnoticed. I would however, support a major player advertising campaign if the game were to have returned. If I knew what I know know before the closure, I would've stood outside with a sign saying "Try this MMORPG!" - which is disheartening because you can imagine how many other people would have tried to entice more people to play if given at least an opportunity to do so.

But nobody really knew CoH was in danger except for the powers that be. They didn't even try (I'm not talking about PS here either), and that is the thing that upsets all of us. WE are still trying, and we're not even the owners of the IP.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2013, 06:40:03 AM »
When did I say I was giving up hope? 

~facepalm~ I have called you neither a quitter or a "traitor," anywheres. That is straight out of your own imagination. I admitted you had the freedom to do as you pleased, and why that is a flameworthy admission is frankly beyond me.

I realize that your earlier statement was facetious. But had I said anything otherwise, I would have been blessed out for "telling you want to do," or whatever. Hope, do not hope, whichever: there is no try.

But blind hope is dangerous and that is all some of us are trying to say.  And it would be nice to be able to speak your mind without being called a quitter, traitor, etc etc etc

It would be nice to speak MY mind without people going off on me like this, posting walls o' nonsensical text and yada yada yada.

Please confine further attempts to school to private messages. This is derailing the thread, and I really think its becoming quite inappropriate. I dont even know you, I have no idea why you are going off on me like this and at this point I think it would be a good idea to stop.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2013, 07:17:13 AM »
Kids! Don't make me turn this forum around!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
YOU ARE ALL TRAITORS!!!

Heh, just kidding.

Here's the thing:  I'm not doubting the veracity of someone claiming that some of these efforts are long shots.  I think everyone here is pretty realistic about the chances of any given try succeeding.  But we really don't need people constantly reminding us of it, because at some point, while it's not factually inaccurate, it tends to take on an air of negativity that people who are working hard on these projects don't need.

Think of it kind of like going into a casino with $100 to blow for some mindless fun.  You sit down at your favorite gaming table with a buddy of yours, and the whole time you're playing, he's reminding you that the odds of winning at whatever you're playing are against you, that ultimately casinos make $X for every $Y in payout, that you're probably just going to come out of the casino $100 poorer, etc.  What your buddy is saying isn't factually wrong, but it also makes for a pretty miserable experience when all you wanted to do was to go in and have some fun.

Likewise, I think that the TF:HM team has constantly been aware that the Disney idea was a long shot, that the Google idea is a long shot, that probably the next three, four, five, or whatever pitches will be long shots.  They've openly acknowledged that.  The idea isn't to put all of our eggs in one basket though, hoping that any given long shot works out.  The idea is that if you take enough long shots, eventually it's pretty likely that one of them will hit.

So I honestly don't think anyone here is trying to sink the efforts of the TF:HM team.  No one is out to start trouble.  Everyone is posting with the best of intentions.  But what we really need right now is for 1) people to either stay positive or keep the "well THAT probably won't work..." comments to themselves, unless they have something constructive to add to increase the odds that it WILL work, and 2) for folks to, in general, kind of chill out and stop attacking each other.