Author Topic: Deeps  (Read 842 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Deeps
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
It's new build time..

The only thing about the new toon I'm sure about is he'll be dps. I'm leaning towards Fire due to I really enjoy melting things with my Inferno but I never play him due to he always gets shredded when he draws agro.

I also like Archery due to I can move and hit at the same time and don't need end/rec so much like with Fire so it's easier to skip them as a SS. Archery has decent 100' attacks and that aoe stun too.

Infernal Supernatural has a lot of utility, poison.., decent defense against elemental(?) attacks, and a good energy unlock which also makes end/rec not as important as with Fire.

What do you guys like?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Deeps
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »
Sooo just because I haven't tried the any of the powers in the set yet and due to they look like they have the potential to be entertaining and due to my chosen SS's should work decent with them ...and due to I happened to have come up with a costume yesterday that might fit them.. I'm probably going to give Darkness at least a try.

Anyone tried Darkness yet? (Todogut..) Is the energy unlock decent? One thing about Infernal Supernatural is the energy unlock is handy but it sputters on me sometimes and I'd rather not have two toons like that.

Any other comments on Darkness in general? Ebon Rift was another power I was curious about. I'll probably skip the pets.

It's a dumb name (see list below..) but I'm thinking to either name him Deeps or Mr. Deeps. He looks more like a Mr. Deeps with his Bowler hat but if I end up changing to munitions my costume for that isn't really the Mr. type.

>>

Oh yeah.. Dark Transfusion.. Any comments?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:16:38 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
The energy unlock is like thermal reverb, except it's when things are feared.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »
So if I don't invest in Recovery it will suck.

I'm not thrilled with the Fear thing either due to I want something that can fear at 100' but I don't want the Starter power.

>>

There's Dark Transfusion which eliminates the need for Fear altogether but it also scales on Rec and I don't know if it's good enough with or without Rec to replace the energy unlock.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:54:30 PM by Xev »
Some Faves: