Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 203371 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1320 on: July 12, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
You know what I miss, is just plain old night.

/time 0

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1321 on: July 12, 2013, 06:52:04 PM »
*Cough* If I remember right Sis P was replaced in that arc (and every other one...) by Penny Yin.  Of course War Witch/Penny Yin fan fic would be pretty popular.
Unfortunately, you remember correctly.  However, one of the nice things I noticed about Icon was that if you say yes to the Tutorial, you start in Outbreak (or presumably Breakout, haven't tried loading a villain yet as I've barely had any time off to play around with it), not the destroyed Galaxy City - I never liked that.  Villains especially ought to break out of jail to start their careers redside and I liked Galaxy City when it was still an actual zone; to this day I fondly remember those characters of mine who were "Galaxy Girls" instead of "Atlas Girls" and hope that's an option again on the eventual Community Server.

As for Penelope, I used to really like her as a character (I liked her arc in Faultline) - then they gave her a horrible haircut, a trashy cyberpunk outfit, and made her the bratty tag-along kid of the Freedom Phalanx.  [bangs head against the wall, repeatedly...]

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #1322 on: July 12, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
You know what I miss, is just plain old night. Altho those skies you mention would be nice too... I really liked that outdoor Halloween event one we got when the banners went up, that was the best night sky ever. I suspect these things are firmly server-side, tho.

Sometimes I just go to Night Ward for the sole purpose of being in the dark.

Codewalker has just given the time command again, and there is this post from me -

OK, this is a popmenu to make it easier to cycle through the time of day in Icon.  Install your new time menu to your COHbeta folder, in \data\texts\English\menus. That should do it. I use a bind to call up menus, like
'/bind F3 popmenu time' and when I press F3, I  get a popmenu for time of day. It will write the time in the chat window automatically, press enter to activate. yes, I'm really too lazy to type over and over..

link for menu file
https://www.box.com/s/elv02dlcx0i63ftd9cr9

This is where I made a quick menu for time. it can be added to, or changed. To save your bind once you've attached it to your key of choice, type /bind_save and when you load your personal keybinds, your handy menu will be in there, and you don't have to type over and over.

Also, I have been working on a huge NPC menu, I've been dropping toons all over the game like mad, and I always stop and add the police drones or Arachnos drones outside of hospitals and such, and the Blimp over Atlas Park- it looks better that way. And for your info- I've had the Halloween sigils in game any number of times testing them- they're pretty cool, with sound effects and all.  A spare werewolf, a ghost, and a couple of zombies dropped on them under a darkened sky makes it Halloween every day (or night!) at my place.  ;) Last night I dropped a bunch of Freakshow on the streets of Creys Folly. back to work on it all...

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #1323 on: July 12, 2013, 10:02:47 PM »
Last night I dropped a bunch of Freakshow on the streets of Creys Folly. back to work on it all...
Titan forums need a 'like' button very badly.

Gleech

• Minion
« Reply #1324 on: July 13, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Not sure if I'm suppose to be reporting bugs here, but I've come across some strange bugs with the spawned NPCs. First I had a bug where the "/mov" command wasn't working for anything (even the player) after I spawned a group of NPCs. Second, I tried remaking that scene (Was working on a picture) again, and I ran into a similar bug but this time with the "/spawnnpc" command itself. I was entering in the correct model names and everything, but it just stopped spawning them after I created and re-positioned 2 NPCs. Sorry that this is probably very insignificant information when it comes to troubleshooting the problem, but this is really all I have. There has been no pattern in this bug so far, but it just stops letting me use some commands (it only fixes itself when I restart Icon. If I load a new map the issue remains).

ipwn

• Underling
« Reply #1325 on: July 13, 2013, 02:16:20 AM »
so whens the next update? i'm LOVING this soooooo much :)
I cant seem to play anything now, DCUO=not fun enough, CO=just not the same, Marevel Heroes=not even an option, Neverwinter=cant seem to hold me, ...... Need my CoH back :(

Mr. Yuk

• Underling
« Reply #1326 on: July 13, 2013, 05:22:15 AM »
I wanted to say thank you for the work that's been done, and is still on going.  This has been more than simply a candle in the dark for so many of us!  I know it's only a matter of time before we can once again take back our City of Heroes!
While I understand that Icon is not intended to do that, seeing what Icon can do, gives me hope and faith that some how, some way, something will be developed to give back what was taken from us.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #1327 on: July 13, 2013, 04:04:42 PM »

Also, I have been working on a huge NPC menu, I've been dropping toons all over the game like mad, and I always stop and add the police drones or Arachnos drones outside of hospitals and such, and the Blimp over Atlas Park- it looks better that way. And for your info- I've had the Halloween sigils in game any number of times testing them- they're pretty cool, with sound effects and all.  A spare werewolf, a ghost, and a couple of zombies dropped on them under a darkened sky makes it Halloween every day (or night!) at my place.  ;) Last night I dropped a bunch of Freakshow on the streets of Creys Folly. back to work on it all...

That made me chuckle...

I've been running around in Icon with a rebuild of Grey Kestrel. (The winged stalker in my avatar-)

The first thing I do every time I open up a new map or zone? Spawn an Adept. 
It just offends my sensibilities to have Kestrel in there without Cardinal. ;D

Now, if only I could set him to follow...
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1328 on: July 13, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »
To Codewalker

Did you know an article was released about ICON on the web?

http://mmofallout.com/?p=10724

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #1329 on: July 13, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
To Codewalker

Uh-oh

The first rule about Icon is we don't talk about Icon.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1330 on: July 13, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »
Uh-oh

The first rule about Icon is we don't talk about Icon.

Well, that article was published on Facebook in the Save City of Heroes group. So since I was thinking the same as you mostly, I decided to warn whoever might need to know about it over here. The article has been written in May.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #1331 on: July 13, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »
That made me chuckle...

I've been running around in Icon with a rebuild of Grey Kestrel. (The winged stalker in my avatar-)

The first thing I do every time I open up a new map or zone? Spawn an Adept. 
It just offends my sensibilities to have Kestrel in there without Cardinal. ;D

Now, if only I could set him to follow...

Heh!  Since I've been working on this the last couple of weeks. I Cannot go into Icon without dropping crap all over the City. Which, I suppose, makes me some sort of pigeon...

Hellions playing with fire-  the cars are on fire, but out of view...

Street test- on past the Hydra, there is a Halloween sigil  in the middle of the street...

Not beautiful shots, but I just ran down the street throwing things around.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1332 on: July 14, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »
/time 0

Codewalker, do you have any idea what goes through some of our heads when we look at the front page, and, under Multimedia, we see "Last post by Codewalker in Re: Titan Icon: Unlock Y..."?

"Codewalker posted in Titan Icon!? Quick, check the first post and see if it says 1.8!!"

Not saying you shouldn't answer questions and such. Just thought you might like a peek into the minds of some of your grateful co-Titanites. ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:12:22 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1333 on: July 14, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
To Codewalker

That is NOT GOOD NEWS.

Although, my attitude towards NCSoft is pretty much, "come and take my files off of my computer... if you can." My computer, my files. And I will do as I like with them.

But generally, people need to keep their mouths shut about this stuff. They really do. That includes whoever is posting to the Save CoH Facebook page.... exercise a tidge of common sense.... please....?

p.s. Thanks for the repost of the /time command, I had no idea. I now gleefully make it nighttime, every time I log in. Wheee!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1334 on: July 14, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about. It's fabulous news. It gets ICON out to CoH players that don't follow these forums.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #1335 on: July 14, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about. It's fabulous news. It gets ICON out to CoH players that don't follow these forums.

+1

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1336 on: July 14, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »

+10

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1337 on: July 14, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »
Any CoX fan who cares enough, is already here soaking up the goodness. If they CARE, they're here.

I have said nothing about Icon to anyone I used to play with in CoX, much less blurted it out on a gaming forum or website. If they care enough, they will find their way here just like I did. I would rejoice to see old friends on a private server - but I won't tell anyone how to find such a server, even if we had one, because we need to get used to keeping things under the radar - and ICON is a good place to start.

First rule of fight club is keep it on the down-low. Best way not to draw unwanted attention.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #1338 on: July 14, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
You make a good point Illusionss, but some people just aren't committed.

Most people probably quit playing entirely when the initial Shutdown Announcement went up.

Then when it finally did shut down, the people you describe were probably thinking...

"Oh, it's gone. Sucks."

But that was the last of it. They haven't visited Titan. They haven't found Icon. They just.. let it go.

People are strange indeed...

???
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1339 on: July 14, 2013, 10:05:30 PM »
Any CoX fan who cares enough, is already here soaking up the goodness. If they CARE, they're here.

I have said nothing about Icon to anyone I used to play with in CoX, much less blurted it out on a gaming forum or website. If they care enough, they will find their way here just like I did. I would rejoice to see old friends on a private server - but I won't tell anyone how to find such a server, even if we had one, because we need to get used to keeping things under the radar - and ICON is a good place to start.

First rule of fight club is keep it on the down-low. Best way not to draw unwanted attention.

It's why I mentionned it here... I kinda got surprised it kinda had such advertisement about it. I understand the points of those who says it is good news but it is an easy way to find us and to close down anything that can be happening...

Though, at the same time, we might already have a NCSoft mole subscribed on this forum and no one would be aware of it so... it's kinda a tough way to separate what is good or not.

Maybe TonyV or Codewalker have an opinion? I would like to hear them on that topic.