Author Topic: Observance  (Read 12802 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Observance
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
I still can't get over the sheer ...shock I felt when I logged in one day and read that message.

It was around for 8 years and still going strong - that was the last thing I ever expected to see.

I actually started to cry a little thinking after 8 years of playing, leveling a lot of 50's, spending who knows how much money for extra powers, costumes, etc, would be all gone, forever.

I logged in a few times to take screens and chat with people but I had no more motive or heart to bother doing Incarnates or leveling up my last few level 47 - 49 heroes. I felt - what was the point of all the work?

So I just enjoying chatting, visiting zones and such and didn't really bother with missions.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 01:00:21 AM »
If there's to be an observance vigil in Champions, I have a Fusionette tribute who simply has to be there. (I had one in CoH, and couldn't leave her behind.) Just say when, and what instance and location in what zone.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »
Whatever event we decide on to observe Black Friday, I'm there.

If only I can figure out to how to get some of my CoH characters into Icon and onto the steps of City Hall. /emholdtorch

Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
If there's to be an observance vigil in Champions, I have a Fusionette tribute who simply has to be there. (I had one in CoH, and couldn't leave her behind.) Just say when, and what instance and location in what zone.

This is something I hadn't considered. I have a reproduction of my "main" and a reproduction of States, but I was leaning toward using my CO-original character for this. Now you've given me something to think about... :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 02:27:43 PM »
So all when it comes down to it my group will be meeting in Champions on the 8th, and on Skype for those who don't want/have the game.

For those that do want to meet up in game we are planning to meet in Millenium City, in the Champions building (It should be on the map, and it is a separate zone *I believe* so as to minimize our impact) on Sunday September 8 from 3-6PM Eastern.

If you want to come, please do. We will do our best to be respectful.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »
Have to be there in spirit. Could never get past the character creator in Champions.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »
I'll try to be there. Can't say for sure though, two days before that something pretty major is happening and settling after that might leave my time limited, but I'll try my best to come.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
Have to be there in spirit. Could never get past the character creator in Champions.
I don't blame you. Its a pain in the posterior.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 01:14:28 AM »
nope... CO wants a three hundred odd meg patch. and on my 256k connection that's more effort or time than I care to expend.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »
I tried, but just couldn't get into CO. Perhaps we could start a special 'One Year' thread here as a meeting place just for that day. (It can be closed after the end of day.) We can have a virtual buffet....favorite beverages, salads, main dishes etc. We can also give virtual gifts and share stories and pics.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »
I tried, but just couldn't get into CO. Perhaps we could start a special 'One Year' thread here as a meeting place just for that day. (It can be closed after the end of day.) We can have a virtual buffet....favorite beverages, salads, main dishes etc. We can also give virtual gifts and share stories and pics.

Maybe we could do something like that on skype?
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
I really like this idea.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 01:44:47 PM »
What you're hearing right now is the sound of me not objecting to people reminiscing in a thread here.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
I REALLY dislike Skype. Let's do it here. That way, others who might be interested but don't know of it could see it and participate. If it's only on Skype then many will miss it.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »
yeah, heard many mixed reactions to Skype. Many people don't use it for various reason. Me, I not sure I understand how it works and their written policy enough to feel comfortable using it. But hey, if the meeting place is Skype, I'm all for it and will be happy still with the after event run down of how it went.

Why not Skype and here?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:36 AM »
I would have to look, but there might be a limit to how many people can be in a call. I know my Friday night group occasionally got 8 of us together at once, and we had minor connection issues, but nothing serious. Just the occasional cutout and one guy who had a Sergio Leone-esque reverb. We were all on different internet providers, so it could have been an issue with one of them.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:34 PM »
I think the idea of a Twitter event is the best idea.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:15 PM »
I am in a minority in that I despise Twitter and Facebook, so I will be posting here.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
I am in a minority in that I despise Twitter and Facebook, so I will be posting here.
Consider me also part of this minority.  I don't like social media in general - if I want people to know stuff about me, I'll tell 'em myself.

I'll gladly post here, though.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »
Yea. I'm in that boat as well. A bit of a hypocrite since I have a facebook, but the amount other people were relying on it to "tell" me about events in my life forced me to get one.