Author Topic: Who was your favourite  (Read 12213 times)

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
Re: Who was your favourite
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:20 AM »
My favorite character?  Ahh, that's an easy one--  Norville Pembrook, my very first MFing Warshade.  As long as there was a steady stream of enemies, he could have up to four (but no less than three) fluffies out.  He was by no means a GM killer, but there was no denying how much butt he could kick during the Prisoner phase of the BAF.  I never got to finish my experiment with some of the Hybrid slot powers, though.

His name came about actually because I was doing something with another Kheldian (my PB, Osiron) and my girlfriend tried to read the words "Natural Peacebringer" from across the room.  She said "Norville... Pembrook?" and I immediately had to make the dorkiest-looking character I could.  Plaid sleeves, sweater vest, sneakers, pinstripe slacks, and a top hat, all eye-bleedingly un-color-coordinated.  (Later on, I made different, less obnoxious costumes for him.)  I never actually made an in-game origin for him, though.  Just another regret (along with never having participated in a DKTF).

I haven't downloaded ICON yet but I did recently have a dream that I was demonstrating what he could do to a friend.  :(  Oh well.  Remember:  Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 01:17:04 AM »
Oh yeah-- favorite NPC.  I'm gonna say BAB, 'cause he got practically no love.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »
I think part of the problem was that BAB was supposed to be an old hero from th 70's/80' and never looked like he had the age or style. Plus, Galaxy didn't get the love in general, and then they stuck him in th arse end of AP after the tutorial reboot which never helped matters. I agree, he didn't get the love he needed.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »
*nods* I always made a point to take new characters to see him to level up just so he wouldn't feel, well, like he'd been stuck in the arse end of AP.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
LOL, listen to me.  I'm talking about a collection of ones and zeroes as though it had feelings.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 02:00:26 AM »
My favorite?  My namesake - Kaiser Tarantula, my often-crab-spider sometimes-a-bane arachnos soldier.  Had enough guns hidden on him to start a war or two, and punched out Lord Recluse in the the World's Greatest Spider-Off in several different near-future apocalypse timelines, multiple times (I loved helping people with their villain patron arcs).

ARACHNOBOTS, ATTACK!!

Ahh, fond memories.

My favorite NPC?  Probably John Temblor, aka Faultline II.  Sure he was a cheatery bastage that combined stone armor, stone melee and earth control all on one character, but I liked the fact that he shaped up nicely after the Faultline arc, and in the RWZ he was easily the most capable ally you could have (sorry Sefu Tendaji, I have a lot of love for you, but Faultline generally kicks more extraterrestrial rump.)

A close second would be Black Scorpion - simply because, in appearance and powers, he's kinda what I originally envisioned Kaiser Tarantula to be - a brutal, heavily-armed high-tech killing machine with a man inside it.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 02:03:53 AM »
*nods* I always made a point to take new characters to see him to level up just so he wouldn't feel, well, like he'd been stuck in the arse end of AP.
He was one of the first heroes you saw in action in the new tutorial, though. Least he had that.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 02:27:21 AM »
Two slots:

Who was your favourite toon? Power sets, gender, background, alignment, bio

My favorite toon . . . yikes, it's a toss up between about three, but as I have to pick one, I'll go with my main.  Her name was (is, and will be again!) IcelceBaby (yep, that second "I" is a lowercase "L"; I actually liked that about her, too, for some weird reason).   I loved playing her and had some (I'm sure pretty annoying) things for her to say macro'd ("Stop, collaborate and listen!" was one for when no one would listen to the tf or iTrial leader . . . as I said, annoying, but it amused the heck out of me at the time).

She was an ice/ice/ice blaster who was a hero and my second-ever toon.  She did dabble with ebil (for badges) but quickly returned to the side of the good.

And who was your favourite NPC in the game?

I just love love loved Dillo to pieces. 

*hoorb*

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 03:02:07 AM »
Oh yeah-- favorite NPC.  I'm gonna say BAB, 'cause he got practically no love.

http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com/art/Homeless-BAB-240108374

:P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
He was one of the first heroes you saw in action in the new tutorial, though. Least he had that.
True.  I'd forgotten about that.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »
My favorite is still my main.  She was a good ol', generic invulnerability/super strength tanker (with flight no less).

A brief bio for her would be "COT experiment in binding demons to people's souls goes horribly awry when they didn't quite understand what sort of demon they were summoning and didn't get the binding part right."  She started off as a hero, but eventually became a vigilante under the thought process of "Well, someone has to do these things. I might as well do them so no one else has to."

Out of game, she originally started out as younger but the bust size issue drove me nuts so I made her slightly older and a little taller (putting her at 12 going on 13)*.  The joke between my friends of "Quick, everyone stand behind the little girl!" still worked though :D

NPC, hands down (and for completely out of game reasons)- Manticore.  Why? Well for one, I was one of the few heroes in Paragon shorter than him.  Second off, when my friends were first putting together our SG, we realized that our background stories had most of them being pretty damn poor.  But yet we had all of these great costumes and nice items in our base.  Where did we get the supplies to make them?  Out of the garbage cans at Manticore's mansion. Or sure, the homeless 12 year old could have probably given him the sad eye treatment to just get money, but where was the challenge in that?

---
*Damn you NCSoft! You made me miss my characters in-game 13th birthday party.  I was all set to have a costume contest for it- centered on the theme of evening ware- where the top prize was a full Overwhelming Force set.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
Speaking of manticore and hero height rosters, (I'll always remember manticore cause he was featured prominently in the old CoH comics) I remember I made a 12 year old fireblaster, and when I ran the low levels I was highly amused by the fact that she was shorter than twinshot, then one of the shortest NPCs in the game after penelope yin.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor