Author Topic: Keep your boxes please  (Read 15535 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Keep your boxes please
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
hey CoHers, I would like to drop in a word here for those of you who own a DVD or CD version of the game installer that was actually from a store or online store.

anything and everything in this category is very important for you to keep, I can't say why as of yet.

this includes:

City of heroes DVD/CD

City of villains DVD/CD

Architect edition DVD/CD

City of heroes Good Versus evil DVD/CD

City of heroes going rogue DVD/CD (not sure if they actually had this)

Again, I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep this.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Keep your boxes please
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »
You missed a few.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
You missed a few.

thanks!

yep, please keep any actual boxed DVD or CD. http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Disc_Releases, looks like everything there except freedom.

and if anyone actually did buy a freedom edition somwhere some how that would be wonderful to know.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
Hmm. I might have going rogue somewhere around here  . . . . after some light searching, yes I do ^^ I'll be hanging on to this then.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 06:14:22 PM »
I have mine, and I know exactly where they are.

Will be awaiting for further updates.   :)

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 06:17:06 PM »
I've been finding the other stuff, manuals, maps, (the PvP comic) and even my hero click figure... but ooh, the discs.

I guess I go hunt some more.  :(

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:21:56 PM »
I bought GvE Edition, but I can't find all the components at the same time! If I can find the disk, I can't find the box or the map. Right now, I have the box but no idea where the map or disk are. I'll do some digging, though.

Does it have to be the disk? I haven't uninstalled the game from any of the machines it was on. (The hard drive died on my laptop, so I couldn't save that...)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »
Still have my CoH and CoV boxes, I'm fairly certain...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:29:56 PM »
thanks!

yep, please keep any actual boxed DVD or CD. http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Disc_Releases, looks like everything there except freedom.

and if anyone actually did buy a freedom edition somwhere some how that would be wonderful to know.
There is no such thing as a "freedom edition" - there was no box associated with the f2p transition.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
There is no such thing as a "freedom edition" - there was no box associated with the f2p transition.

That's very true. Freedom is listed on the disc releases page solely for the sake of being thorough as more of a "digital-only reboot version" for going free-to-play.

Arc-Mage

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 11:34:04 PM »
If you don't still have a hard copy one can easily still be found on http://www.ebay.com/ for a few dollars. Including new, never opened, not used, never been spun copies.
Sometimes you just gotta say; The laws of time and space...who gives a smeg.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 01:02:58 AM »
I hate being teased... But ears are sufficiently pointed forward at this thead.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 02:29:39 AM »
I have the Good Versus Evil Edition (Second Release) box and disk, And a double- sided sleeve with an old City of heroes, 2 disk set- the graphic on the front is the old original blue and black city-scape logo, still used on some load screens- couldn't find it on the wiki page... whyyy?  ???

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 02:38:27 AM »
Oh let me guess.

You're going to build a giant altar out of aaaaallllll of our boxes, and then try to get Prometheus's attention.

Seriously, JoshX? You are SO transparent. Especially when you turn that one super power on.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 02:59:36 AM »
And a double- sided sleeve with an old City of heroes, 2 disk set- the graphic on the front is the old original blue and black city-scape logo, still used on some load screens- couldn't find it on the wiki page... whyyy?  ???

Might it be the sleeve from the original CoH box set?

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 03:05:48 AM »
anything and everything in this category is very important for you to keep, I can't say why as of yet.

You didn't specify the minimum threshhold for success here.

/em fingerscrossed

Spoiler for Hidden:

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »
I don't think your collection is big enough there. o_o
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 03:38:15 AM »
Might it be the sleeve from the original CoH box set?

That's it! that's the sleeve, and disks! My son was the original purchaser, and was just past beta when he started. He always checked out other players badges, to find vets who had been around longer. (quite a few from beta on, actually ;))

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 03:40:45 AM »
I don't think your collection is big enough there. o_o

Interestingly, 70% of them were found after the game shut down.

If you don't still have a hard copy one can easily still be found on http://www.ebay.com/ for a few dollars.

That's very true, yet only one of many options. Promising results can also be found here:

http://www.ebay.ca
http://www.ebay.co.uk
http://www.ebay.fr
http://www.ebay.de
http://www.ebay.es
http://www.ebay.it

http://www.amazon.com
http://www.amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.fr
http://www.amazon.de
http://www.amazon.es
http://www.amazon.it

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 05:27:39 AM »
You didn't specify the minimum threshhold for success here.

/em fingerscrossed

Spoiler for Hidden:

wow impressive!

in reply to others, technically the box and disks could become useful.

Oh let me guess.

You're going to build a giant altar out of aaaaallllll of our boxes, and then try to get Prometheus's attention.

Seriously, JoshX? You are SO transparent. Especially when you turn that one super power on.

not a bad plan but not quite what I had in mind this time lol.

I wish i could speak from my desperation and say "yeah 100% gonna work" but being realistic It might be quite hard to pull this off. and don't hold your breath cause it might take a while.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »
Interestingly, 70% of them were found after the game shut down.

Hahaha. I guess they are more desirable now huh?  . . . and I made myself sad xD

Anyways! Joshex, whatever you're doing your work is appreciated. ^^

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 06:30:16 AM »
I've still got my Good vs. Evil Edition CDs and box.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 07:12:32 AM »
Wasn't planning on throwing them out.  Not persuaded enough to go dig them up, either, though.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »
hey CoHers, I would like to drop in a word here for those of you who own a DVD or CD version of the game installer that was actually from a store or online store.

this includes:

City of heroes DVD/CD

City of villains DVD/CD

Architect edition DVD/CD

City of heroes Good Versus evil DVD/CD

City of heroes going rogue DVD/CD (not sure if they actually had this)

Again, I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep this.
I am intrigued :) luckily I got city of still on my comp. plus I just got the collectors ed for city of heroes/villains
btw if anyone is looking for the boxes amazon has them
on amazon there is 1 collectors ed left, 11 regular copies left. this is for heroes.
for villains it is abit better 11 collectors and 1 standard copy left.
if everyone wants I can post the other copies as well. I almost forgot these are for the pc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:01:41 PM by Angel Phoenix77 »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:01 PM »
I haven't thrown out CoH box. Still have that 2007 install disk and booklet.
Also kept 'Going Rogue' which I purchased when I noticed I was being left out of a lot of special missions...Being able to play with Villains was a good addition to the game.

...just don't toss a frisbee at a villain. :roll:

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 04:29:51 AM »
*wonders if Joshex is "in the know" about the super-secret public server project*

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 04:40:50 AM »
*wonders if Joshex is "in the know" about the super-secret public server project*

We all know that's a cover up for a nemesis plot.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 07:32:51 AM »
We all know that's a cover up for a nemesis plot.

Nope, it's a Mender Silos plot covering up a Gerhardt Eisenstadt plot that's disguised as a Nemesis Plot to distract us from the real Nemesis plot.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
Nope, it's a Mender Silos plot covering up a Gerhardt Eisenstadt plot that's disguised as a Nemesis Plot to distract us from the real Nemesis plot.

Actually, Nemesis was completely made up to cover the fact that the Nemesis Plot itself was alive. It just hired an actor to play the part whenever it was needed. And by hired I mean built one out of brass.

True story.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »
I have a sudden urge to break out Not a Nemesis Agent and screencap him giving a refutation of these preposterous accusations.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »
i'd have to dig through some crates, but i'm pretty sure i have the complete boxes from most, if not all, City of Heroes releases. Including a couple whose codes i ended up not using because the only perks they unlocked were things i already had. Actually, i think the one Heroclix might've been lost, so mostly complete boxes?

One of my last alts on... agh, can't recall... the main UK server was Nemesis Rogue, one of Nemesis' artificial brain clones who went rogue from the Nemesis collective (or maybe that's just what Nemesis wanted him to think). He used the Think Tank with the brain inside and a steampunk robot body. Never got beyond running around AP blasting things with a Beam rifle before the shutdown.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

cohRock

• Lieutenant
    • Rich's Tepid Home Page
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
Does this count?

ISBN: 0-7615-4516-6
-- Rich

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
Hey, I got one of those.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »
I got all of those and both prima guides. I still have them where i can see them.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »
I think I still have my COH/COV box somewhere... I may have thrown it out after it got so old that I was redonloading the entire client after install though... :-\
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

GoliathBirdEater

• Underling
  • Far Beyond Metal
    • Muh Twitters
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
As someone who's had to severely minimize his possessions over the years as the result of two transatlantic moves during CoH's time of operation, I REALLY hope that the boxes aren't as important as what was on the discs inside them.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
Does this count?

ISBN: 0-7615-4516-6

Sorry, for what I'm talking over this sort of thing wont be as helpfull as the official box and disk with the installer.

As someone who's had to severely minimize his possessions over the years as the result of two transatlantic moves during CoH's time of operation, I REALLY hope that the boxes aren't as important as what was on the discs inside them.

it wont be important for /Everyone/ to have a box just more than one person. ;) I think we have it covered, but still keep em if you got em.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 05:25:48 AM »
I know I have a CoH box from 2005, and a CoV box of some sort. I don't remember if I got a Going Rogue box, but I did get the Desdemona mousepad as some sort of perk. Super awkward - I never felt like there was a situation where I would be comfortable having a half naked lady in a vaguely suggestive pose on my desk...
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
So, when are we going to know why it's important we have these boxes? Will it be in one, two, maybe even five eons from now?

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
I'm sure we'll find out SOON (tm)

Whatever's being cooked up will be worth waiting for if past results are any indication.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »
I think the words "proof of purchase" probably fit here.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
I'm hoping for the "By the dark gods!" option myself.  At the very least I could figure out which deities Mr. Castanella was over there in the Midnight Squad evoking while I was whipping up a cure for the Lost (which Phaetan eventually had one of his alts take on a DFB).
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
I have my original CD's / boxes / manuals from COH and COV.

After that anything I upgraded online only.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »
I have my original CD's / boxes / manuals from COH and COV.

After that anything I upgraded online only.

Same here. Have my Ghost Widow figurine and a couple of comics, still sealed in bag.

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
I think the words "proof of purchase" probably fit here.
That would be my guess as well.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »

Whatever's being cooked up will be worth waiting for if past results are any indication.
Past results from Joshex? Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:41 PM »
(which Phaetan eventually had one of his alts take on a DFB).
And to think that they said I couldn't oneshot an Archvillain...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
I hope anything that happens involves Sentinel+ files.

Lucky666

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 01:54:58 AM »
Still have the COV box set minus the hero clix figure gave that to my niece. It was manti anyway :P Thing came with 4 install discs.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »
I get far too sentimental to get rid of my boxes etc, right here by my PC :)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »
I'm currently moving and have actually seen all of the boxes this week.

Alpha Series

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
Proud to say have CoH, CoV collectors edition, GVE, and Going Rogue, all with discs and boxes. Sure wish could use them right now. Never will forgive They-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named for what they have done to us all. Thanks to all of you here for keeping the dream alive. Hope to be working with all of you again soon! Best of fortunes to you all!
"You've started an interstellar war!" "No, I didn't start it. But I'm liable to finish it."

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 06:55:07 AM »

I recall doing the same thing in the SSA for the Lost Boss, the one with Synapse's powers. Was rather shocked that it worked, at least when I tried.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »
Ooh, nice work!

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »

On the test server during the testing for Inventions, there were a number of interesting bugs. The 'Touch of Lady Grey' proc (chance for Negative damage) originally was negative damage -- when it went off, it would do a negative amount of damage, healing your target. They fixed that, but broke it differently; when it went off, it would do some absurdly huge multiple of your target's undamaged hit points. Just for giggles, I took the character I'd slotted with the proc out to Crey's Folly, and I did one-shot Jurassik, doing (if I'm remembering the number correctly -- I've got a screenshot at home) '6.0442e+11' points of damage to him when the proc went off on my first attack. Some people were able to get marginally higher damage, but at the time it was amusing to note that the CoH engine was capable of transitioning smoothly into scientific notation when numbers got too big.

I may not be able to turn up all of my boxes; I'm pretty sure I still have the box for CoV ready to hand, with the HeroClix figures still in it. I also made a point of screenshotting my NCSoft City of Heroes account page showing all of the game codes that I applied to my account over the years.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:42:17 PM by srmalloy »

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »
On the test server during the testing for Inventions, there were a number of interesting bugs. The 'Touch of Lady Grey' proc (chance for Negative damage) originally was negative damage -- when it went off, it would do a negative amount of damage, healing your target. They fixed that, but broke it differently; when it went off, it would do some absurdly huge multiple of your target's undamaged hit points. Just for giggles, I took the character I'd slotted with the proc out to Crey's Folly, and I did one-shot Jurassik, doing (if I'm remembering the number correctly -- I've got a screenshot at home) '6.0442e+11' points of damage to him when the proc went off on my first attack. Some people were able to get marginally higher damage, but at the time it was amusing to note that the CoH engine was capable of transitioning smoothly into scientific notation when numbers got too big.

I may not be able to turn up all of my boxes; I'm pretty sure I still have the box for CoV ready to hand, with the HeroClix figures still in it. I also made a point of screenshotting my NCSoft City of Heroes account page showing all of the game codes that I applied to my account over the years.

o________o I wanna see this . . . not that I don't believe you on the scientific notation thing, just . . . my interest is peaked xD

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
Some people were able to get marginally higher damage, but at the time it was amusing to note that the CoH engine was capable of transitioning smoothly into scientific notation when numbers got too big.

I'd bet real money that wasn't on purpose, but rather just a result of using sprintf or something similar with '%f' to format damage numbers.

Lenya

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
Still have both boxes, CoH and CoX and they won't go anywhere.
@KinThalas

Candie Firestar

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
Okay so what is the super secret reason *why* we should keep our boxes?  I think I still have mine.

Bear

• Underling
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »
the+Bear

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:57 AM »
We don't know anything from the mysterious OP.

But sure, everyone should keep on sharing what boxes they still have because I'm sure that helps knowing why.

:roll:

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 02:13:51 AM »
Does that mean I shouldn't hit enter on "/mov EM_THROW_TOMATO" just yet?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 05:26:42 AM »
Didn't get a box with my purchase, so there's no benefit. Watching to see if people with boxes get hosed.
Spess

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44:49 AM »
o_o I don't see the harm in keeping boxes guys . . . I mean it's fine if you don't, but honestly their one of the few mementos I have of the game. There's the icon, sure, but I mean physical mementos. :/ My dad has an Arachnos shirt . . . I don't think he'll ever wear it again though.

So even if OP is pulling our legs, we shouldn't be eager to get upset over keeping them. Though if your views differ, then that's fine to. ^^

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
o_o I don't see the harm in keeping boxes guys . . . I mean it's fine if you don't, but honestly their one of the few mementos I have of the game.

Yeah really. It's not like they'll pass their expiry date and make us sick or something.

I mean, I still have my Icewind Dale box. So I'm pretty sure my City of Heroes boxes are staying.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:38:21 AM by GamingGlen »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »
Same here. Have my Ghost Widow figurine and a couple of comics, still sealed in bag.

I got the Black Scorpion figure with my COV pre-order.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »
The only edition I ever got physically was the CoV Collector's Edition.

My box is around here somewhere, dunno where exactly though.

I do have some of the figurines: Manticore, Captain Mako, Lord Recluse & Black Scorpion.

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
Yeah really. It's not like they'll pass their expiry date and make us sick or something.

You do realize that they contains all sorts of radioactive super powered materials, right? And with no superheroes to keep them in check for right now, we may actually find ourselves with a serious problem on our hands if we keep the boxes. So I guess... keep the boxes, but inside a bigger, lead-lined box, is what I'm saying.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »
You do realize that they contains all sorts of radioactive super powered materials, right? And with no superheroes to keep them in check for right now, we may actually find ourselves with a serious problem on our hands if we keep the boxes. So I guess... keep the boxes, but inside a bigger, lead-lined box, is what I'm saying.
You kidding?  If comics have taught me anything, it's that those sorts of things are great for givin' people superpowers of their own.  Just wait until someone winds up with teleportation, and uses it to have very personal chats with NCsoft's big names.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
"super powers mutant superpowers! enough with the mutant stuff already! I bet if I as exposed to radioactive stuff, all I'd get would be a rash or something!" -Darkwing Duck
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
The TCs plan makes much more sense now. We all get super powers from the radiation and then we make someone make us able to play our game again . . . or we could just be real super heroes . ..  nahh game first xD

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »
the game is a training ground. look at how many charities used it for fund raising. it was teaching us all about great power and great responsibility.
-Lex Luthor

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2013, 12:40:21 AM »
the game is a training ground.

Goodness I hope not.  I was awfully fond of gold-side :(
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Mouse-Man

• Minion
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2013, 01:17:19 AM »
Just out of semi-related curiosity, does the installation files on the old cd/dvds have all of that missing content (mission text, contacts, etc.), or at least most of it until they decided to omit it from the client side?

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »
Currently with copy of I-24 beta (with backups just in case)...

As for the boxes (at least one of every copy they released from launch, up); that and anything left of CoH I have in my possession they'll have to pry from my cold, dead, fingers. They've taken more than enough as it is.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:29:10 AM by Lycantropus »

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
Goodness I hope not.  I was awfully fond of gold-side :(

Okay, this made me laugh.

Any more updates on the mysterious OP?

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »

*tries to recall past results from Joshex's posts*
i seem to recall some entertaining results myself. Not always necessarily useful, but definitely entertaining and demonstrating some... interesting... perspectives on how things work. Also rather idiosyncratic writing styles if memory serves.
i would be interested in a time frame for any sort of fruition of course. To express that wait as a single digit would we be talking days, weeks, months, years, decades...?
So far so good. Onward and upward!

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2013, 02:51:14 AM »
I had no plans to chuck out the CoV box - got in originally after EU release on a friend code, so no box there.

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2013, 01:49:42 AM »
My CoX boxes are in a very safe place .. in a display case in my home office!  Even my European version is proudly displayed.

They are not going anywhere!!

CraZboy

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »
This thread made me see this in my mind....

Emily Litella: "What's all this I hear about keeping your boxers? Why would men want to give away their boxers, and who would want the stained, smelly things any way? I think that is just......."

Chevy Chase: "Not boxers, Emily..BOXES. Keep your boxes."

Emily Litella: "Oh............................... never mind."

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Metal Mountain

• Minion
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2013, 08:56:19 PM »
*tries to recall past results from Joshex's posts*
i seem to recall some entertaining results myself. Not always necessarily useful, but definitely entertaining and demonstrating some... interesting... perspectives on how things work. Also rather idiosyncratic writing styles if memory serves.
i would be interested in a time frame for any sort of fruition of course. To express that wait as a single digit would we be talking days, weeks, months, years, decades...?

Yes is there any way I or others can help with the project-which-shall-not-be-named?
If a jerk hacker is found, we reverse hack-jerk. -Pohsyb